Amazon S3 is down

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I wonder how much Amazon will take a hit on this financially, if at all. And I feel sorry for the people working on that team because this is an all hands on deck sort of issue that needs immediate attention.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I wonder how much Amazon will take a hit on this financially, if at all. And I feel sorry for the people working on that team because this is an all hands on deck sort of issue that needs immediate attention.

I would be shocked if they did not waive fees for the storage/data transfer for today. Maybe they will give credits as well. I feel sorry for the team too. I have been in that sort of situation. You ass gets chewed and you get fired or nearly fired.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I would be shocked if they did not waive fees for the storage/data transfer for today. Maybe they will give credits as well. I feel sorry for the team too. I have been in that sort of situation. You ass gets chewed and you get fired or nearly fired.
That's why if I get picked up by Amazon I'm not trying to work for AWS, the e commerce team, or anything that needs fixes immediately :whoa:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
ok makes sense.... seller support was telling me earlier that they were having issues with their systems... had me going through two different departments for a simple ass issue

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel for their internal team, I believe the new thing is to even broadcast the team's working procedure to bring the services back up..they must've been under some real pressure. At the end of the day we still win because I guarantee any new hire will be compensated nicely

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
I feel for their internal team, I believe the new thing is to even broadcast the team's working procedure to bring the services back up..they must've been under some real pressure. At the end of the day we still win because I guarantee any new hire will be compensated nicely

You at AMZN?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I heard that if you leave before a certain time frame you have to pay back the signing bonus and you forfeit stock options. I could be wrong though.

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard that if you leave before a certain time frame you have to pay back the signing bonus and you forfeit stock options. I could be wrong though.
The signing bonus is standard at most places if u leave within first 12 months

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The signing bonus is standard at most places if u leave within first 12 months
You learn something every day :ehh:. I'm the type of person to get dug in like a tick somewhere, so I doubt I'd leave a place within 12 months. Probably not within 2-3 years unless the company is stingy with upward mobility.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
I know a couple of people who worked at Amazon. I don't know about IT, more the operations and warehouse guys. They pay you bank with huge raises every year, dudes in early 30s with skills making $200k+

BUT: you are their bytch 24/7/365. Their shyt will ship right and on time, fukk your social calendar. So the turnover in ops I think is like 20-30% per year.