America’s deadliest cities

call_me_step_daddy

Real nikkaz,beat bytches
Daps
Reppin
in ya mama bed
ever since they began tracking murder rates, smaller cities have always had higher murder rates than the top 3 biggest cities in america..but when the top 3 cities turn up( like LA in the late 80's & 90's and NYC in the 90's, and now CHI) we tend to get more press because of popularity

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Exaggerated.

Cacs bitterness over the fact that Obama was prez for 2 terms...and Chicago is his hometown. They just can't let it go.

Before Obama was elected, the violence in Chicago was never magnified on a national scope like it is now.
Chicago really isn’t as bad as the media portrays it to be.
It’s not exaggerated it’s just a much bigger city than the ones on this list.

The Southside alone has 3x more people than cities like Baton Rouge and St. Louis. Violence is concentrated. Look at the murder rates in specific Chicago neighborhoods some with the population of small cities and then go say its exaggerated.

Chicago is that bad although the murder rate has dipped 3 straight years. The press is not only because of Obama but also because of drill music with Chief Keef coming out as a rapping Yummy Sandifer in 2012 in the middle of Obama’s presidency.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Like, I hear @WesCrook 's point but even people I know from Chicago be talking about how bad it is.

Could it be that Chicago is indeed that bad and the others are worse? Or Chicago ain't really that bad and it's all propaganda? Or those in Chicago that know how bad it is there but dint know how much worse these other cities are?

Propaganda and for the reasons cited already. The bulk of the crime in Chicago is done in about 5 or 6 neighborhoods, if that. Chicago has 77 neighborhoods.

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Exaggerated.

Cacs bitterness over the fact that Obama was prez for 2 terms...and Chicago is his hometown. They just can't let it go.

Before Obama was elected, the violence in Chicago was never magnified on a national scope like it is now.
Naw Chicago is a gigantic city. It's just a few neighborhoods there that are bad, when you average the whole city out it's not as bad.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I remember when Oakland made the list as the murder capital in Cali and local rappers were celebrating it like they won the super bowl

:snoop:

DLaren

Banned
Daps
I was born in East St.Louis in 1982...

...it was so bad that my dad packed our bags and moved the family to South Central Los Angeles -- somehow, he felt raising a familiy in a city full of crips & bloods would be safer than raising one in St.Louis.

3 decades later, it seems not much has changed back 'home'.