America's Reverse Migration- Black Americans leaving West Coast for the South

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Well, I would not move to the West Coast. The housing cost is nuts.
This article focused on black people leaving the West Coast cities, but there's also a migration of IT workers from Seattle, Portland and San Francisco/Silicon Valley to cities that are cheaper to live in.

Chichi Manietzsche

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
:mjlol:@ everyone saying we're afraid of mexicans, thats why we're leaving.

People are leaving because the cost of living is too damn high for what you get. For the same price as a shytty little apartment out here, you can get a nice big house out in the country. Even in supposedly 'shytty' areas like Compton, rent like 1100/month. I don't blame the 'reverse-migrators.' I know plenty of people who went to places like Texas, Atlanta, Louisiana, ect. They're doing well.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really don't like the trend of this reverse migration of blacks from the north and west to the south. I'm suspicious of it. All outliers aside, I think there is definitely an ulterior motive...to get all of the black folks in America situated in the south.

On the other hand that is where their ancestors are from so that maybe the lure for them to go back. I have lived in Chicago my whole life, but I am moving to Tennessee which is where my dad and mom are from. I have a lot of family that still live there and I have always visited; so at this stage of my life I am just looking for a change.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I really don't like the trend of this reverse migration of blacks from the north and west to the south. I'm suspicious of it. All outliers aside, I think there is definitely an ulterior motive...to get all of the black folks in America situated in the south.

Whats wrong with us moving to a section of the country where we have our numbers up?

Where we can own more property and businesses on average. and can then use that clout to dictate politics and local government?

Cities like ATL and Charlotte should be a blueprint for more cities.