An Italian artist sold an "invisible structure" for $18,300.00 "It's literally made of nothing"

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
where is it?

Titled 'Io Sono' (Italian for "I am"), the 67-year-old artist's sculpture is "immaterial," meaning that the sculpture does not actually exist.

Though he's received much critique for the sale, Garau argues that his work of art isn't "nothing," but is instead a "vacuum."

The vacuum is nothing more than a space full of energy, and even if we empty it and there is nothing left, according to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, that 'nothing' has a weight," Garau said of the statue according to as.com. "Therefore, it has energy that is condensed and transformed into particles, that is, into us."

Italy 24 News reported that per Garau's instructions, the sculpture must be displayed in a private home free from any obstruction, in an area that is about 5 ft. long by 5 ft. wide. Because the piece does not exist, there are no special lighting or climate requirements.

Multiple outlets report that the only tangible item the buyer will receive is a certificate of authentication that is both signed and stamped by Garau.

:mjlol:

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
:comeon:U cant possibly be this naive? Its laundering at its finest

Naive? :childplease:

Bruh you too familiar and you need to shut the fukk up talking to me

you muthafukkas be real quick to say slick shyt for no reason. Just get the fukk on, I'm not even about to do the e-thug shyt with you.

Obviously I can see the rook move he's pulling, but you just needed someone to get off your lil snark azz comments on. Plz go somewhere else with that shyt my g,

this interaction would go completely different offline, but have fun with the barking on random nikkas bullshyt you on.

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps

you muthafukkas be real quick to say slick shyt for no reason. Just get the fukk on, I'm not even about to do the e-thug shyt with you.

Obviously I can see the rook move he's pulling, but you just needed someone to get off your lil snark azz comments on. Plz go somewhere else with that shyt my g,

this interaction would go completely different offline, but have fun with the barking on random nikkas bullshyt you on.
You must be called alot of shyt in life cause you went off for no reason

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol all he said was naive he didn't even disrespect you