Any brehs into vintage cars................

invalid

Banned
Daps
Brehs, I've been wanting to purchase a new vehicle lately but have been conflicted on what to get. The issue is, I live in a pretty upscale neighborhood, so there's no shortage of latest model luxury cars that can be seen everywhere.

My style is pretty classic and I've developed an appreciation for things that age well and have been thinking about buying a vintage car but not sure if "vintage" is feasible for everday use?

I've been particularly keen on the 1974 BMW 3.0 CSi.

biga.jpg

bige.jpg

I've always loved a clean boxy frame on a car and this model is just proportionately beautiful to me. As a kid, my neighbor owned one that was in British racing green that I had an obsession over.

94f86836a5006bc2c0d1e7484d679d39.jpg

The 1974 model is prone to rust so I may have to drop some money on acid dipping the frame because I'll most likely be buying an unrestored model and fixing it up.

BMW-E9-3.0-CSi-HR-Fahrwerk-BBS-RS-Staggered-1.jpg

Jeff-Tighe-E9-red-interior-restoration.jpg

I think going vintage would be perfect because I wouldn't be compelled to have to buy the latest model BMW every year but is vintage feasible for everyday use?

Any brehs with experience with older BMW models?

I also have a Volvo SUV that I would be primarily driving during the winter so the vintage model would only be for warmer months and not subjected to snow and salt.

Edit:

My old neighbors exact model.

1269433325844883303.jpg

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I love vintage GM cars, and as much as I would love to drive one everyday it really isn’t practical. Gas, reliability, and the main thing is theft. Not just the car itself but folks will take small pieces off your car when it’s an old classic like that. Side mirrors, hood ornaments, damn near whatever on there that can be yanked off real quick can get swiped. Random brehs will key your shyt too, you’d be surprised. And it doesn’t even matter if you live in a nice area, brehs will follow you home and try to get the whole car up off you. With those you gotta have a garage, and you really should only pull it out once or twice a week at the most.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I love vintage GM cars, and as much as I would love to drive one everyday it really isn’t practical. Gas, reliability, and the main thing is theft. Not just the car itself but folks will take small pieces off your car when it’s an old classic like that. Side mirrors, hood ornaments, damn near whatever on there that can be yanked off real quick can get swiped. Random brehs will key your shyt too, you’d be surprised. And it doesn’t even matter if you live in a nice area, brehs will follow you home and try to get the whole car up off you. With those you gotta have a garage, and you really should only pull it out once or twice a week at the most.

Yeah.... this is what I was afraid of. It's not like I would be driving the car everyday as I also bike and take public transportation but I would be looking to it as my primary car during the summer.

Last edited:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Thread belongs in the show room sub-forum.

And I have to ask...........does the Volvo have ski racks?
images

:russ:
There are quite a few nikkas in the hood driving volvos. And them new XC90's are nice :whew:

But yeah they are the automobile of choice for many wanna-be-assimilated blacks. It lets white people kow that you're safe