China’s electric vehicle dominance presents a challenge to the west

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Does the West even care!?!?!:heh:
When Japan did the same thing in the 90s , the west formed like Voltron to impose the plaza accords and cripple Japanese development for the next 3 decades using the WTO.

Keep in mind Japan was poised to equal us gdp based on 90s estimates of growth. Their car market was set to surpass both German and American markets, due to cheaper labor, govt subsidies, and better design.

The west put an end to that and basically froze their country in place since the 90s.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Any reason why the Chinese didn't dominate the ICE market in the last 40 years?

If I'm going to drop $25k on a car I definitely want it to be Chinese.
:aicmon:

mykey

Superstar
Daps
It's over. China firms already won the global EV market. What should worry the West even more is Chinese products creeping into aviation and shipping. They'll literally control the entire global logistics chain.

30758.jpeg

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA

Yeah, a $9k electric vehicle?

I'm on board. If other companies want my dollar they can cut their prices.

I love a Ford Mustang, but $9k for my everyday car would look great right next to it and is tough to beat.

Last edited:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Electric cars aren't going to blow up. They can't even last in the cold and there is no infrastructure to support them.

Hydrogen cars are the future.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
When Japan did the same thing in the 90s , the west formed like Voltron to impose the plaza accords and cripple Japanese development for the next 3 decades using the WTO.

Keep in mind Japan was poised to equal us gdp based on 90s estimates of growth. Their car market was set to surpass both German and American markets, due to cheaper labor, govt subsidies, and better design.

The west put an end to that and basically froze their country in place since the 90s.

Yeah but that was years ago...:dahell: even now other car makers based in other countries have better cars than what the american companies are putting out...:manny: doesnt seem like america has the same animus...plus the materials to make these batteries are finite.. and plus as car buyers no car buyer wants to pay outta pocket to fix them.:hhh:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England

yo i forgot all about this. we crippled their chip industry's growth too by hitting toshiba with sanctions, congressmen even smashed toshiba boomboxes on the steps of capitol hill. :dead:

also gonna copy my post from the other thread cause why not. your post reminded me that the result of the government's national security inquiry was decided even before it got underway, it's gonna be same with this inquiry.
the big 3 flood their cars with cheap subpar parts from china, to the detriment of their build quality and lifespan. we've already bailed them out (well, not ford, which i respect them for), time to adapt or die. also all of them import from factories in canada and mexico, why should they be the only companies permitted to bring in imports?

and get rid of the chicken tax and 25-year rule while we're at it too :umad:

edit: forgot the $7500 ev credit only domestics get, subsidies from the inflation reduction act for battery manufacturing, the extra 28% tariff on chinese cars, etc... how many more government created, market distorting advantages do the big 3 need lol?

edit 2: it's funny that the government frames it as a privacy issue when they have no problem with american/euro/japanese manufacturers harvesting our data, and as a remote manipulation security issue when they're mandating kill switches in all new vehicles to (nominally) combat drunk driving

AStrangeName

Griffith did nothing wrong
Daps
Electric cars aren't going to blow up. They can't even last in the cold and there is no infrastructure to support them.

Hydrogen cars are the future.
Hydrogen cars ain't the future, when there's almost no infrastructure for it and the one company (Toyota) that is make those cars are practically paying people to buy them. Unless Shell changes their mind and reinvest in the infrastructure, Hydrogen cars will never take off.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Hydrogen cars ain't the future, when there's almost no infrastructure for it and the one company (Toyota) that is make those cars are practically paying people to buy them. Unless Shell changes their mind and reinvest in the infrastructure, Hydrogen cars will never take off.

The U.S. doesn't have the infrastructure for electric. That doesn't stop anyone from buying them now. And the future is just that...thr future. It doesn't need to be popular now to be popular then.

Electic was originally shut down how many decades ago? And here you are shilling for it now.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Btw, fun fact. Tesla is the only foreign company out of all car manufacturers working in China that actually has a full ownership of their company. And not a minimum of 51% given to China....

In exchange Musk has Twitter filled with INCREDIBLE amount of chinese communist bots. Very often bots that been banned from facebook, etc. Coincidence? Yeah right :mjlol: