Anybody else don't want kids?

4fossa

All Star
Daps
My advice......if you do want to have kids.......have them early. Like before you turn 30.
My girl's sister and her brother in law are mad at us because our kids are pretty much grown while their kids are still in elementary school. And them ngas are in their early 40s.

Well actually nowadays it's common to have more and more people having kids when older...

4fossa

All Star
Daps
:ohhh: I see a lot of brehs thinking this here. How old are yall nikkas?

ONLY argument I can see to have kids. Is to have a black one to maintain the race and shyt

Even though I remember how fcked up this world is. And also I think that humanity=overrated.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
IRL everytime I say that I don't want children, people react like I'm crazy, or be on that "when you get older you will" (even thought I'm 25).

Anyone relate to this?
I made a post about people 30+ with no kids earlier this year. I'm 32 and I want kids because it was lonely growing up as an only child and I didn't have unconditional love and support from other family members. I want to have at least 2...used to want 3...but getting older now. I would've had a child if my ex fiance didn't have a miscarriage.

Yes people especially black people will think something is wrong with u. They may question your sexual orientation, may wonder if u fertile, may think u a selfish career person who don't wanna add to family (this really applies to working females) and provide parents with biological grandchildren, may think u just selfish and don't wanna grow up, may think u weird, crazy, etc.

I've learned a lot over my 32 years of living. People will talk about u and tell u or others what u should do...but when it comes a time where u need help financially or with baby sitting or caring for child....those folks will probably be the least helpful to u if any help at all.

I do worry about if I'm blessed to grow old. If I don't find a woman to marry and have children with, what am I gonna do. Who will I spend holidays with...who will look after me. I would never wanna be a burden on anybody but it does light up older folks in senior communities when they see their kids, grandkids and great grandkids. I feel so guilty because I haven't provided by dad with grandkids and he the only one out of his 3 living siblings who doesn't have at least 1.

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I made a post about people 30+ with no kids earlier this year. I'm 32 and I want kids because it was lonely growing up as an only child and I didn't have unconditional love and support from other family members. I want to have at least 2...used to want 3...but getting older now. I would've had a child if my ex fiance didn't have a miscarriage.

Yes people especially black people will think something is wrong with u. They may question your sexual orientation, may wonder if u fertile, may think u a selfish career person who don't wanna add to family (this really applies to working females) and provide parents with biological grandchildren, may think u just selfish and don't wanna grow up, may think u weird, crazy, etc.

I've learned a lot over my 32 years of living. People will talk about u and tell u or others what u should do...but when it comes a time where u need help financially or with baby sitting or caring for child....those folks will probably be the least helpful to u if any help at all.

I do worry about if I'm blessed to grow old. If I don't find a woman to marry and have children with, what am I gonna do. Who will I spend holidays with...who will look after me. I would never wanna be a burden on anybody but it does light up older folks in senior communities when they see their kids, grandkids and great grandkids. I feel so guilty because I haven't provided by dad with grandkids and he the only one out of his 3 living siblings who doesn't have at least 1.

How are we being selfish when human nature is selfish itself? :mindblown:

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
I don't believe anybody honestly doesn't want children it has to be some kind of mental anomaly.

Caused by a past trauma maybe :jbhmm:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I don't want any. Kids won't work with my lifestyle.
Are u the only child or do u come from a large family? Sometimes this may make a person want to have kids.
How are we being selfish when human nature is selfish itself? :mindblown:
Because u not adding to ur family tree and bloodline. Ur kids could help the world, be close to their cousins, etc. Also, some folks think u need to go thru the struggle just like they had to when they had kids. It's crazy but that's how some think.

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Are u the only child or do u come from a large family? Sometimes this may make a person want to have kids.

Because u not adding to ur family tree and bloodline. Ur kids could help the world, be close to their cousins, etc. Also, some folks think u need to go thru the struggle just like they had to when they had kids. It's crazy but that's how some think.

I understand that everyone wants to leave a little piece of their legacy once their dead and gone, but the "family tree/bloodline" guilt trip tactic is :camby: