Anybody else don't want kids?

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I understand that everyone wants to leave a little piece of their legacy once their dead and gone, but the "family tree/bloodline" guilt trip tactic is :camby:
I feel u but people always tell me to have kids because my mom made a choice to have one child. People always say who gonna look after me when I get old. I do worry about that and having to family to spend holidays with.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I made a post about people 30+ with no kids earlier this year. I'm 32 and I want kids because it was lonely growing up as an only child and I didn't have unconditional love and support from other family members. I want to have at least 2...used to want 3...but getting older now. I would've had a child if my ex fiance didn't have a miscarriage.

Yes people especially black people will think something is wrong with u. They may question your sexual orientation, may wonder if u fertile, may think u a selfish career person who don't wanna add to family (this really applies to working females) and provide parents with biological grandchildren, may think u just selfish and don't wanna grow up, may think u weird, crazy, etc.

I've learned a lot over my 32 years of living. People will talk about u and tell u or others what u should do...but when it comes a time where u need help financially or with baby sitting or caring for child....those folks will probably be the least helpful to u if any help at all.

I do worry about if I'm blessed to grow old. If I don't find a woman to marry and have children with, what am I gonna do. Who will I spend holidays with...who will look after me. I would never wanna be a burden on anybody but it does light up older folks in senior communities when they see their kids, grandkids and great grandkids. I feel so guilty because I haven't provided by dad with grandkids and he the only one out of his 3 living siblings who doesn't have at least 1.

This topic gets re-created almost every month :deadrose:

To answer OP, no I do not want kids, I'm 39 btw, black male if it matters. Ex had a few, there is a lot that comes with that. More focused on finding a good woman without them.

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
:ohhh: I see a lot of brehs thinking this here. How old are yall nikkas?

ONLY argument I can see to have kids. Is to have a black one to maintain the race and shyt

Even though I remember how fcked up this world is. And also I think that humanity=overrated.
This is precisely why I don't want kids

I know firsthand how difficult it is to be black in this world and don't want to put another innocent soul through that

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
This topic gets re-created every month almost :deadrose:

To answer OP, no I do not want kids, I'm 39 btw, black male if it matters. Ex had a few, there is a lot that comes with that. More focused on finding a good woman without them.
I seen similar topics on this before which makes me feel like I'm not alone. But it does provide assurance that what I typed is actually true. People think it should be a natural desire to have babies. Plus kids add to the family and u can leave ur inheritance to them.

Also are u the only child? If u not...this and lack of pressure may be a factor in your decision to not to have kids.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I seen similar topics on this before which makes me feel like I'm not alone. But it does provide assurance that what I typed is actually true. People think it should be a natural desire to have babies. Plus kids add to the family and u can leave ur inheritance to them.

Also are u the only child? If u not...this and lack of pressure may be a factor in your decision to not to have kids.

Yes, only child.

I've said it before and it has really come from females (who have children), when you tell them you don't want kids they look at you like you are a terrorist!! I didn't put much thought into having kids in my early years, traveled, worked, and had fun with life. Older now, not looking to start a family up, also I like my freedom to come and go when I want.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Yes, only child.

I've said it before and it has really come from females (who have children), when you tell them you don't want kids they look at you like you are a terrorist!! I didn't put much thought into having kids in my early years, traveled, worked, and had fun with life. Older now, not looking to start a family up, also I like my freedom to come and go when I want.
U don't receive pressure for choosing not to have kids? Does ur parents want grandkids? Most only children want multiple children.

4fossa

All Star
Daps
This is precisely why I don't want kids

I know firsthand how difficult it is to be black in this world and don't want to put another innocent soul through that

you can enter in the :mjpls:fullc00n:mjpls: mode and have kids with a white female. Lol jk breh.

I understand your point.