Anybody Else Feel Like America Lost A Bit Of Its Essence After COVID?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like the programming is starting to take effect. You are now officially open to leaving the country. We give God all the credit as this is him shifting the conscience by design. Now the key is to just let go:respect:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Man shut yo bytch ass up, currently America is as normal as it was pre Covid. Times are normal Af , you just a hoe ass nikka

Daps
Obviously I cant really speak for the ENTIRE nation, but when I step outside; I hardly feel anything. Like I see cars and people and business and the lights in the night life and all that shyt; but shyt still feels kind of empty. All the invigorating places I used to go to (Westport, Wardparkway, Wado area, Plaza) now feels like the ethos is missing. shyt damn near feel like a dystopia. Like at the end of those zombie apocalypse movies. Towards the end when all the zombies are dead, its like "now what?" Nothing feels the same anymore. Not even playing video games. Making music is the most immersing thing for me these days and I barely do that (it doesnt come to me like for me to just making music everyday all day so I dont force it).

You gon get clowned but I feel you. The mall and movie theater in my town closed up during covid. So many places closed up. The pandemic was a serious disruption of the economy in so many ways. People not being able to shop and be out and about without literally risking death made a lot of folks stay home. And then we literally lost over a million people. Do you realize how huge of an impact it is for our country to lose 1 million+ people within a year and a half? The US has never experienced that many deaths in that short an amount of time. It has been a serious disruption to us mentally, economically and socially.

Daps
Obviously I cant really speak for the ENTIRE nation, but when I step outside; I hardly feel anything. Like I see cars and people and business and the lights in the night life and all that shyt; but shyt still feels kind of empty. All the invigorating places I used to go to (Westport, Wardparkway, Wado area, Plaza) now feels like the ethos is missing. shyt damn near feel like a dystopia. Like at the end of those zombie apocalypse movies. Towards the end when all the zombies are dead, its like "now what?" Nothing feels the same anymore. Not even playing video games. Making music is the most immersing thing for me these days and I barely do that (it doesnt come to me like for me to just making music everyday all day so I dont force it).
you’re right, but TLR isn’t the place to have this discussion. the level of maturity and insight a conversation like this requires is sorely missing here.

the insufficient response to a crisis of that magnitude, particularly the appallingly small amount of stimulus citizens received when compared to the billions corporations were awarded, lifted a veil for much of the public.
:francis:

Last edited:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Let me put it like this...

I woke up finally after 2020, because I was sleeping like a mofo before 2020 :francis: .

One thing you can gain from these dire affairs is wisdom. You start to question the true purpose of life and realize that its not too late to get it right with God.

You realize that people are stupid and not give an entire different perspective, while the ones that are truly smart are far and in between. When I mean smart, I mean understanding of self and the surroundings.

It seems like the movie Fight Club resonated with my mindset as I was head in the clouds trying to seek the next best thing, indulging in darker affairs, and think love is more than the person in the mirror, the man above and the family that I called my own. Covid easily stripped the facade away and made me realize that you can't take anything for granted and to appreciate the little things.

While folks are all going :dwillhuh: at this new-found world after 2020, real heads like this marsupial slowly peeped game until it was time to regain focus.

TLDR eucalyptus babble- America been an illusion, you are just finally realizing the jig was up.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you’re right, but TLR isn’t the place to have this discussion. the level of maturity and insight a conversation like requires is sorely missing here.

the insufficient response to a crisis of that magnitude, particularly the appallingly small amount of stimulus citizens received when compared to the billions corporations were awarded, lifted a veil for much of the public.
:francis:

Stimulus? What greater gift than getting a taste of what its like to be human:wow:

The movie Madagadcar is a microcosm of the black man in America. The pandemic gave many people a glimpse of what its like outside the zoo. Along with people having more time alone to think and self reflect:respect:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it’s pretty dead out in SF. Businesses are shutting down like crazy they don’t last more than a couple years most of the time. Like u said people are outside but it’s nowhere near 2018 level and it doesn’t seem to be going back to that economy all fukked up

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
America lost its essence on September 11, 2001. It started becoming apparent early 2010s. Your late kiddo

nikka I had just turned 7 by then. Excuse me for not being to grasp the magnitude of such tragedy and its after effect as a child.

RehReh

🖤GhettoDolly🖤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
People that have no real core vibes won't get it

I agree with you

The USA that I visited in 2019 did not have the same vibe in 2021 and beyond.

And it happened here too, ever since 2020 London is basically operating as a Sims similation, very very fake plastic vibes.

Even Jamaica and Nigeria got grimier but I will say those '3rd World' countries still feel like they are functioning in Real Time, whereas the modern Cities are giving Metaverse in 4D

A lot of unhealed trauma, a lot of slackness that took place during lock down yet to be unveiled :sas1::mjpls::pacspit::childplease:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
giphy.gif

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
This is facts and I am surprised you got push back.. I been around and shyt aint the same.. Was in nyc and that shyt is weird, hotel housing people near manhattan and shyt, if someone walk by and say oh yea shyt is normal it was always like this they are fukking LAWST :heh: .. Miami definitely changed.. ATL definitely changed.. I make it out west summer time, Ima see wassup but I already know what to expect :francis: