Anyone here own any of those 1,000 dollar homes in Detroit?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
OP take a look at the many list on the web of cities that are either growing in population and gentrifying. Those are the best places to flip. Now if you got the cash to throw away to sit on a property then go for it.

I made a thread a week ago about the most gentrifying cities and Detroit made the list. M

Me and my friends are trying to do the same thing in Baltimore.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I hate to say it, but the only reason Detroit was such a good place for blacks back in the day was because of the auto industry. You good get a good union job with no college and make enough bread to sustain a middle class lifestyle. Those jobs are gone and never coming back

With all the cities having high cost of living and rising Midwestern cities can be the best region to come up

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to say it, but the only reason Detroit was such a good place for blacks back in the day was because of the auto industry. You good get a good union job with no college and make enough bread to sustain a middle class lifestyle. Those jobs are gone and never coming back
There were a lot of good things about Detroit even recently up until like the 90s but after that..:picard:

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I mean anyone with sense should have seen these traps from a mile away. All these millionaires and billionaires always on the hunt for the next lick. If these properties were really that much potential they would have been got bought up by them.

in the future someone is going to do a real doc or expose on all these so called real estate gurus selling people dreams. My pops showed me the real of that shyt when I was little in the mid 2000's in Baltimore with a property he got and tried to rent out. Nothing but a headache in every aspect.

What were the headaches?

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I feel like you'd have to buy the entire neighborhood and go from there.

Like have a serious development plan.

But idky anyone would want to move to cold azz Detroit

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Detroit is not making a come back. The job market is terrible and nobody is moving to that cold ass city just for the hell of it.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Are you allowed to tear down the home? Seems like that makes more sense because you know gentrification is just a matter of time lol.
Gentrification is not going to happen in these rust belt cities :mjlol:

If these cribs ain’t near downtown or a major university, hospital etc you can forget it.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
-You have to rehabilitate the house which can cost $30k+

-You have to live there for 2 years

-Where will you work if you have to work?

-How's the crime in the area? We all know what Detroit be on:mjpls:

Overall, I can see it as very doable if you have money saved up and a good credit score. $50,000 for rehab costs ain't shyt considering most houses are $200,000