Anyone in Finance / Investment Banking?

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always been interested in what it's actually like away from what the media or Hollywood portrays it as.

Does anyone work in the investment and finance industry here?
What's your job title?
How is work life& work load?

Is it as White dominated as they say it is and if so, had it impacted on you negatively or has everyone been professionally cordial?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I worked for UBS as an investment banking summer intern during my junior year of college. They're anal about clothing, the work from my perspective wasn't hard but I made some good money. The starting salary for an investment banking analyst is 60k start, 10k bonus; and the year end bonus ranges from 20k to 60k. Your bonus is not based on your work, but your teams work and the companies outlook.

I now work finance for the government ( Dept of finance). No where near the base salary.

Yes it's white dominated!! Hate those CACS.

Last edited:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I worked for UBS as an investment banking summer intern, in my junior year of college. It's not really all that to be honest. They're anal about clothing, the work from my perspective wasn't hard. But I made some good money. The starting salary for an investment banking analyst is 60k start, 10k bonus; and the year end bonus ranges from 20k to 60k. Your bonus is not based on your work, but your teams work and the companies outlook.

I know work finance for the government ( Dept of finance). No where near the base salary.

Yes it's white dominated!! Hate those CACS.
You must be an old head. Base for first years is now 85k. It hasn't been 60k since maybe 2008.

I work for a European bulge bracket in banking. The money is good but the work load is terrible and the people are extremely aggressive. It's a good gig to have when you're coming out of college, but I wouldn't recommend it long term. Too stressful. It should strictly be used as an opportunity to leverage into something better paying and / or more interesting.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You must be an old head. Base for first years is now 85k. It hasn't been 60k since maybe 2008.

I work for a European bulge bracket in banking. The money is good but the work load is terrible and the people are extremely aggressive. It's a good gig to have when you're coming out of college, but I wouldn't recommend it long term. Too stressful. It should strictly be used as an opportunity to leverage into something better paying and / or more interesting.

I'm starting a business in a sector of one of the companies I used to cover. Wyd

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

No this was 2012 man. I think that 85k is new now. Or UBS wasn't following the market trends.