Anyone not smoke or drink?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I won't press you, but from someone who has been through it, including 18 months in a halfway house, where I worked as a manager and intake, you have a very rough time ahead of you, and if you truly are an alcoholic, you will not find peace or sobriety. Or, more accurately all the odds would be against you. People who do go to rehab, addiction therapy, have like maybe a 10-20 chance of staying sober, people who don't, have less.

Also, you can find professional or therapists for less money then you may think. Because talking to random people.....man, I mean, they aren't qualified to diagnose or treat anyone or anything. What is their background? Always get counsel from a professional. If you had a serious criminal case, would you counsel with the best criminal defense lawyer in his field? Even if it's just a free 30 min session, or talk to a person on the street about a federal drug trafficking charge? What the fukk would they know?

I'll say this, people who don't have problems with alcohol/alcoholic would never talk about "not being able to stop drinking". It would simply never occur to them, because it doesn't happen.
Why do you insist that I won't find either peace or sobriety. The woman was actually a nutrionalist and did health science. She wasn't just some random lodi dodi like I'm making her out to be.

I'd probably talk to both tbh.

I don't have problemz, they're challenges that I'm facing. I don't drink everyday I don't even crave drank. I just drink a lot when I do and feel like crap emotionally when I do.

franknitty711

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Over the years my likeness to use alcohol increased to a point of where I was doing it because it was routine. It gets stressful dealing with real life issues, and for me I have a lot of repressed anger to my father for a variety of reasons. Those are my triggers, and I would find myself going to the liquor store picking up a pint of Hennessy almost every single day to numb myself so I would not get angry at others. In the end, I was hurting myself as well as my family.

I got help, sought out counseling and learned a lot about myself. I know now that I am one of those people where it is just not a good idea to drink because I don't know when enough is enough. I haven't ruled out smoking some tree every once in a while but as I get older I do not like it as much as I used to. I even gave up vaping because I just wanted to be completely free of toxins to see how it would play out.

I keep myself out of situations and have things to do when I feel those triggers want to take me off course. I truly believe self awareness is the key to changing your behavior, you just need to tools to understand what is going on so you can manage it.

I feel great, my life isn't perfect but I am healthier and happy. I have a good family that loves me and lowering my expectations on what success looks like has been helpful.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Alcohol doesn't taste good to me, even in high quality beers, so I only drink socially (two to three beers) and that's once every couple of months.

I took two puffs of weed when I was 22. Didn't like the smell and never tried again.

Honestly @Kilimanjaro you may want to look into a local AA group (you may have mentioned this already but I didn't read the whole thread). Even if you don't drink that often I think they can still help. Plus the support of the group could go a long way.

All I can say from my experiences is you should also get into things that boost your mood because that will make you not want to drink. Working out regularly for example is a good way to improve your mood and feel less groggy. I never have more energy at work than when I got a hard lift/run the night before. Plus it's inexpensive if you find a no frills gym.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Therapy is going to cost too much money I think. I'm usually able to just talk it out with random people. Umm.. I'll check it out but I've got another book I'll have to read first.

Trust me... you need to talk to a professional. Most random people don't understand complex topics like anxiety, depression and addiction.

It's probably $80 to $150 a session. Analyze where you're spending your money and redirect unnecessary expenditures to this because it will pay long term dividends. If you're using drugs and consuming alcohol, that's a good place to start when considering where to stop spending to save for therapy.