Apollo Brown & Rass Kass - Blasphemy_(2014)

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ras killed this and I love the song concepts, didn't like some of the beats though. Apollo brown's shyt gets repetitive, his drums here sound the same as the Guilty Simpson album.

:what: Pinata comparisons? Madlib's production on Pinata was much more varied, layered, and interesting than this.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
i didnt say the album was wack. only good thing about it is the beats and i dont even like Apollo all like that. most of his beats sound the same to me. and Ras has been dropping the same bullshyt for a decade. I never bought into it and never will. not hate. no curmudgeon. its my opinion :manny:

I can understand being down on the rapping. Rass kinda tackles most of the beats with the same flow. But shyt is still super dope to me.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I can understand being down on the rapping. Rass kinda tackles most of the beats with the same flow. But shyt is still super dope to me.
its a good project, esp for Ras. I'm just a Ras hater and always have been. its still better than any tape ive heard from him in years. He doesnt show a lot of energy in his voice, but he has a little more to say than usual. the beats/features definitely help.

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What a waste of an Xzibit feature. They should have all spit straight through, no hook

"I get higher than giraffe p*ssy" :scust:

Other than that hook, the whole album is fire. Been showing this to everyone I know, hip hop heads and non alike. Everyone is feeling it. AOTY in my opinion, just barely knocking out Pinata.:wow:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ras killed this and I love the song concepts, didn't like some of the beats though. Apollo brown's shyt gets repetitive, his drums here sound the same as the Guilty Simpson album.

:what: Pinata comparisons? Madlib's production on Pinata was much more varied, layered, and interesting than this.

That's debatable, but Ras' lyrics were much more varied, layered and interesting than Freddie Gibb's too...

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Apollo always picks samples that don't need much added to it except for drums.
He should try adding some synths and horns etc. although that takes a lot of time.