Apollo Brown & Rass Kass - Blasphemy_(2014)

deeznutz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I fell out of love with so much music due to lazy emailed verses you could tell were recorded elsewhere, or projects with a million producers and features that sounded like train wrecks. You're 200% right breh, these producer+MC albums almost always impress. Cohesive. They sound like a labor of love, you can tell Kass and Apollo were up late making this shyt work.

Same with RTJ2 which is amazing. I like watching music documentaries and it's crazy how much time older artists spent in the studio. Jimi Hendrix would spend ages reworking stuff, debating with his producers, listening to records, etc. Imagine being in the studio and someone comes by with Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club...
:ohhh:

And then you realize you gotta come with some heat to respond. Today I don't hear too many records that sound like they would make other rappers reconsider their own albums. Imagine being a rapper in the 80s trying to make your album and then your homie walks in with It Takes A Nation, or Amerikkka's Most Wanted, or Illmatic, etc.

I'm not saying this album is nearly as good as those, just that it was birthed from inspiration, late hours, debates, arguments, celebration, partying...TOGETHER. These dudes did something amazing, and if I was a rapper I'd be trying to find a producer soul mate to work with. Ghost, Rae, somebody...call Appolo, call Alchemist, call el-p, call Damu The Fudgemunk...do it for hip hop.
:wow:
:salute:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I fell out of love with so much music due to lazy emailed verses you could tell were recorded elsewhere, or projects with a million producers and features that sounded like train wrecks. You're 200% right breh, these producer+MC albums almost always impress. Cohesive. They sound like a labor of love, you can tell Kass and Apollo were up late making this shyt work.

Same with RTJ2 which is amazing. I like watching music documentaries and it's crazy how much time older artists spent in the studio. Jimi Hendrix would spend ages reworking stuff, debating with his producers, listening to records, etc. Imagine being in the studio and someone comes by with Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club...

And then you realize you gotta come with some heat to respond. Today I don't hear too many records that sound like they would make other rappers reconsider their own albums. Imagine being a rapper in the 80s trying to make your album and then your homie walks in with It Takes A Nation, or Amerikkka's Most Wanted, or Illmatic, etc.

I'm not saying this album is nearly as good as those, just that it was birthed from inspiration, late hours, debates, arguments, celebration, partying...TOGETHER. These dudes did something amazing, and if I was a rapper I'd be trying to find a producer soul mate to work with. Ghost, Rae, somebody...call Appolo, call Alchemist, call el-p, call Damu The Fudgemunk...do it for hip hop.
:lawd:

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY

:huuuuuuu::wow2b:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Insert contrived argument points into a thread of positivity and celebration just to be the curmudgeon brehs

Rassy ain't :flabbynsick: on this motherfukker though :ufdup:

i didnt say the album was wack. only good thing about it is the beats and i dont even like Apollo all like that. most of his beats sound the same to me. and Ras has been dropping the same bullshyt for a decade. I never bought into it and never will. not hate. no curmudgeon. its my opinion :manny: