Apollo Brown & Rass Kass - Blasphemy_(2014)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bon Voyage :mjcry:

Too Much of a Good Thing and Francine are the only skippable tracks on here

I'ma give the first half another spin

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This is a great fvcking album. Great, booming, sample based , soulful production and Ras spitting like he wanna show the whole game that he's still one of the best lyricists on Earth.

My fav joints so far is H2O, Animal Sacrifice, and Drink Irish (lol at that fat n!gga Slaine sounding like a bootleg Jadakiss on there). This is Top 3 album of the year. May be the best to me...gotta get a few more listens in. This, Mega Philosophy, and Pinata has shined bright in this otherwise lackluster year. I'm waiting on that new Wu (I'm always rooting for the Gods) and, believe it or not, Ross. But right now I'm gonna be enjoying this sacred fruit. Props to the homie @JCalli, who been telling us this sh!t is fire.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
These 1 producer 1 MC apollo albums are godly :blessed:

Reminds me of the good ol days when dope MCs had full albums done by one ill producer instead of some "all star" cast of misfits. Salutes to Kanye and Alchemist, who've been on the forefront of this movement. Now if only we can get these producers to start sampling more again. Like the homie @Piff Perkins said...sample based hip hop will always be the best.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
Reminds me of the good ol days when dope MCs had full albums done by one ill producer instead of some "all star" cast of misfits. Salutes to Kanye and Alchemist, who've been on the forefront of this movement. Now if only we can get these producers to start sampling more again. Like the homie @Piff Perkins said...sample based hip hop will always be the best.

It will always be the best.....the ways a talented producer can chop up a record, make it distinct, totally different yet the familiar from the original. Sadly the shiny suit era, & copyright laws have ruined it.