Apparently after braces, you have to wear a retainer for the rest of your life

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yeah and it’s the same with Invisalign.

I had Invisalign in 2012 for a year and got 1 set of retainers which eventually broke and I never got them remolded. I got Invisalign again in 2022 because my teeth had shifted (not as bad as before but they still shifted). I took them off early last year and this time my new orthodontist gave me 4 sets of retainers.

I only wear them about 2-3 times a week cause they’re annoying to clean in the morning. If I don’t wear them for about a week straight and try to put them on they’ll be tight and cause a little bit of pain cause obviously my teeth will start shifting again.
I’m having this issue. I hate my retainer and then I’ll finally give in to try to start wearing it and ohhhh the pain. I probably need to do a small set of slingers again before settling on a retainer

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I lost my top retainer and my bottom permanent retainer broke off. My teeth have shifted just a little but they're nowhere near as jacked as before I got them. And I had braces nearly 20 years ago.

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
damn you had braces for 6 years as a yute.....must have been rough :picard:

at least it was before the discovery of women :russ:
Yea there was definitely some cons. Teasing of course but even more annoying was the fact that food would get stuck in between them :snoop: so my mom would always pack my toothbrush in my bag and tell me to brush my teeth after lunch. I used to be so embarrassed :russ:

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I noticed that people who used to wear braces have extremely yellow teeth after they get them off.

:huhldup:

All that pain and suffering just to have buttery teeth afterwards... couldn't be me!

⠀⠀⠀

sentence him to life!!!!!
Daps
had a perment retainer in my bottom teeth after braces. it broke off but never shifted. Never got it replaced due to being too hard to clean under it

upper teeth shifted which pissed me off. Got a small gap again

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
I just got done with invisalign at the end of last year. They told me for the first 6 months I gotta wear the retainers nightly, then after 6 months every other night. You can't bush them completely but eventually you can work up to a couple times a week if you stay diligent. The point is to cement your teeth in the final configuration. The more time they spend in the retainer early on, the better.

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Yes this is true. I had braces in high school and lost my retainer right after I graduated college. Teeth started to shift back so I got Invisalign and got a permanent retainer on the back of my front teeth.
I just got done with invisalign at the end of last year. They told me for the first 6 months I gotta wear the retainers nightly, then after 6 months every other night. You can't bush them completely but eventually you can work up to a couple times a week if you stay diligent. The point is to cement your teeth in the final configuration. The more time they spend in the retainer early on, the better.
Basically. The bone is still soft from all the moving and being bound the whole time. It’ll take years to re harden