Apple finally facing the music and getting toss to the bushes

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Expectations have to be met at the end of the day, especially when the limit of what people will pay is a lot higher than $250.

One problem is they're wanting to shift profits from hardware to software, hard to do that when the entry barrier is still too expensive unless the phone is years old. 5S was China's first iPhone and did well, that phone was also ahead of everything else on the market at the time with the fp scanner. There's still a market despite the price, the slow sales just reflect the position of the company. Reactionary and stagnant.
Yeah charge the consumer whatever they can pay

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Oh and Samsung is about to go through the same thing once the S10 is out. Apple knew after the iPhone X they're finished moving hardware just because "it's the new iPhone". Samsung's had years of hype built up for their 10th anniversary just like Apple. And like Apple, every Samsung phone coming out after will have lower sales.

Difference between the two companies is Samsung stands a better chance of recovering since whatever leap is next for the telephone is either coming from them or Huawai, they showed you a glimpse of the future with the TV at CES. A few more years to let the tech mature and more affordable on a mass level and they'll figure out something.

Apple doesn't have R&D from another division to help and nobody is forward thinking enough to figure out what's next.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Consumers been showing blind brand loyalty to tech that is comprised of outsourced components housed in a branded enclosure. China's new middle class is pumping the brakes.

give me great specs and a decent OS I don't give a fukk if that shyt branded by the dollar store.

Yuang and Chang feeling stupid spending a kidney on an iphone when the local knock off works just as well :dead:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Phones should be no more than $250.00

:deadmanny: Let's not get carried away now. No one is disputing that iphone and samsung phones are too expensive and overpriced but most flagship smartphones actually cost between $350-$450 to make. from the article below

"
The phone is powered by the company’s new 7nm Apple A12 Bionic chipset, which reportedly costs around $72, with modems. The internal storage, i.e. 256GB storage, costs around $64 while the external housing costs somewhere around $58.

The device also comes with upgraded cameras, which costs about $44"

The chipset(which is the most powerful on the market by far) plus the camera,internal storage and cameras alone cost $238 and that's before you factor in the cost of other hardware components like the screen,battery,audio dac/amplifier,face id sensors,heat sink etc

Apple iPhone XS Max's production cost estimated to be $443 - Gizmochina

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
:deadmanny: Let's not get carried away now. No one is disputing that iphone and samsung phones are too expensive and overpriced but most flagship smartphones actually cost between $350-$450 to make. from the article below

"
The phone is powered by the company’s new 7nm Apple A12 Bionic chipset, which reportedly costs around $72, with modems. The internal storage, i.e. 256GB storage, costs around $64 while the external housing costs somewhere around $58.

The device also comes with upgraded cameras, which costs about $44"

The chipset(which is the most powerful on the market by far) plus the camera,internal storage and cameras alone cost $238 and that's before you factor in the cost of other hardware components like the screen,battery,audio dac/amplifier,face id sensors,heat sink etc

Apple iPhone XS Max's production cost estimated to be $443 - Gizmochina
Don’t forget R&D costs, which must be crazy

Plus iOS development costs

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Don’t forget R&D costs, which must be crazy

Plus iOS development costs

I know. I was merely pointing out that the cost of making the iphone xs max alone is more than $250

There's also advertisement and logistic cost. apple spend the most on both out of any smartphone company in the world. They have over 123,000 full-time employees and maintain 504 retail stores in 24 countries as of 2018:wow:and they spent $1.8 billion on advertising in 2015 (I'm sure the figure has gone up since then):picard:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Said in another thread there's discussion that can be held if people want to leave troll shyt at the door, but expect more stories like these in the future.

iPhone sales are down around the world and the person that saved Apple the last time something similar happened is maggot food.

Sent from my MBP with a XS Max next to it.

Did you have to take it there breh? :gucci:

But yeah, Apple is in trouble brehs. How are you going to transform into a software and services company when you don't have a killer app anymore?

Apple's had a huge advantage / hook with the iPhone for the last few years, yet doesn't really have anything to show for it with respect to killer VR / AR, AI...anything. All while sitting on huge piles of cash.

I like Tim Cook, but as brehs alluded to, he seems to have no vision.

Apple had an advantage with Siri and is now getting completely washed on voice assistants. Almost all of my friends are iPhone users, yet I don't know a single person that has an Apple HomePod. Almost all of my friends have smart speakers at this point.

Apple Car: Let's hire people to make a car :hula:Let's fire people and stop making a car. Rinse and repeat.

Apple has a huge advantage over Google in AR, but the best it's been able to do is replace your face with a pig's. :mj:Thanks Apple. Meanwhile, Google's figured out how to let me search by taking a picture. Things are moving fast.

I'm holding out hope that getting Jony back in the mix design-wise will stop the bleeding in terms of the designs of these phones:scust:, but I have very little hope for innovation side of things.

Always thought his quote from Jony explaining how he and Steve Jobs fed off of each other was interesting:

Steve used to say to me — and he used to say this a lot — “Hey Jony, here’s a dopey idea.”

And sometimes they were. Really dopey. Sometimes they were truly dreadful. But sometimes they took the air from the room and they left us both completely silent. Bold, crazy, magnificent ideas. Or quiet simple ones, which in their subtlety, their detail, they were utterly profound.

And just as Steve loved ideas, and loved making stuff, he treated the process of creativity with a rare and a wonderful reverence. You see, I think he better than anyone understood that while ideas ultimately can be so powerful, they begin as fragile, barely formed thoughts, so easily missed, so easily compromised, so easily just squished.

Try to imagine Tim playing Steve's role in this, and I think you have your answer as to what the future looks like if he continues to be CEO.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Apple doesn't want you buying these phones outright. It's the reason why they have deals with the carriers to upgrade every year.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I'm holding out hope that getting Jony back in the mix design-wise will stop the bleeding in terms of the designs of these phones:scust:

I wouldn't hold breath on Dr. Dre of Cupertino doing much tbh

Pac voice *He ain't done shyt in years*

iPhone 2019

b92f62c5b1e0fb14ad41fd43e6227f8fea1855c4.jpeg
139a56231556ef63bfcea55b491510d0c0d72fb5.jpeg

Huawai Mate 20 X 2018

Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-Google-Pixel-3XL-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-Apple-iPhone-XS-3.jpg

Look at how stupid the camera placement is in comparison, they found a way to make the iconic logo on back look shoehorned. They'll bite the arrangement but can't make it flat. I think everyone would take a thicker phone if it meant battery life, the Huawei has a 5000 mAh battery. Apple did win 2017 with the X, it just looked better than everything else at the time. Android makers responded and they got passed up in 2018/S year, 2019 comes around and they're using 2018 Android designs for the mainline but won't have anywhere near the features. That camera module on the Huawai is also wireless charging dock, think about an iPhone having the same and throwing your airpods or watch on it for a quick top off in the middle of the day.