• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Liberals

:MadTrump2:

People were suspicious of the San Bernadino shooters, but said nothing out of fear of being labeled racist.

A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people.

:francis:

How the hell would this have helped? What would he have said to authorities? "Help, I've noticed more brown people recently!"? How do you get from that observation to one specific couple are planning to go on a shooting spree?

And I highly doubt the woman could differentiate arabic phrases. It probably all sounded like gibberish, and in her fear made herself believe it sounded threatening.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
How the hell would this have helped? What would he have said to authorities? "Help, I've noticed more brown people recently!"? How do you get from that observation to one specific couple are planning to go on a shooting spree?

And I highly doubt the woman could differentiate arabic phrases. It probably all sounded like gibberish, and in her fear made herself believe it sounded threatening.

Neighbors say San Bernardino shooters were 'acting suspiciously'

• Syed Farook and wife Tashfeen Malik were 'receiving packages' and 'working at strange hours in their garage' according to their neighbors
  • But neighbors feared reporting them in case it was merely racial profiling

It doesn't take much to launch a preliminary investigation. This information could have been enough to alert the FBI and go from there.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Neighbors say San Bernardino shooters were 'acting suspiciously'

• Syed Farook and wife Tashfeen Malik were 'receiving packages' and 'working at strange hours in their garage' according to their neighbors
  • But neighbors feared reporting them in case it was merely racial profiling

It doesn't take much to launch a preliminary investigation. This information could have been enough to alert the FBI and go from there.

You didn't answer my question, but I don't like this world you seem to be advocating -- neighbors becoming informants on neighbors for the heinous crime of *gasp* using UPS!

:leostare:

What exactly is suspicious about "receiving packages"? This, to me, just sounds like hindsight bias. There was no real way for those neighbors to predict that shooting spree.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
You didn't answer my question, but I don't like this world you seem to be advocating -- neighbors becoming informants on neighbors for the heinous crime of *gasp* using UPS!

:leostare:

What exactly is suspicious about "receiving packages"? This, to me, just sounds like hindsight bias. There was no real way for those neighbors to predict that shooting spree.

Receiving an out of the ordinary number of packages, in conjunction with larger than normal numbers of Middle Eastern men coming and going, while working strange hours throughout the night in a garage is something that is worth mentioning to authorities.

Of course it would be impossible to conclude "shooting spree" with any specificity to those clues, but reporting those behaviors puts them on the radar of authorities. That still may not do anything, but it also can and could have turned up basic information for the FBI. Getting subscriber information for phones is very simple and could have tied their numbers to known terrorists. It would have given further justification for doing something like a wiretap, undercover operations, or searches that would have uncovered straw purchased weapons or pipe bombs.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
You should get out more.

This some sort of unspoken Coli anthem or some shyt?

12ujzb.jpg

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
wow this couldve happen to me csuse i spoke arabic many times on
a airplane before smh

that stupid fukk cac needs to learn shahid is a common muslim name wow typical dumbass yankee cac

Ol wanna be arab ass :dame:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Abeed means a slave & zeitoun means something like olive so I have literally no idea he's talkin bout
damn so a motherfukker is on the coli tossing around slave in arabic and think that's cool? :ohhh: i guess he's one of those 3abeed twitter clowns

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Receiving an out of the ordinary number of packages, in conjunction with larger than normal numbers of Middle Eastern men coming and going, while working strange hours throughout the night in a garage is something that is worth mentioning to authorities.

Of course it would be impossible to conclude "shooting spree" with any specificity to those clues, but reporting those behaviors puts them on the radar of authorities. That still may not do anything, but it also can and could have turned up basic information for the FBI. Getting subscriber information for phones is very simple and could have tied their numbers to known terrorists. It would have given further justification for doing something like a wiretap, undercover operations, or searches that would have uncovered straw purchased weapons or pipe bombs.
That known terrorists though? I thought they were a lone wolf group with no ties to Isis.