Are other NBA stars making LeBrons’s career look more respectable?

Thread title

• Total voters

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Bulls were 2 wins away from having the best record in the East without Jordan, and he was in Chicago.
Kobe and Magic in LA.
Steph has like 4 all-star players and plays in the Bay.
Cavs is in the middle of nowhere and had nobody.

People need to start analyzing the basis for moves and also where and why people move.

It's easy to say this player stayed, while that didn't. But would the opposite also be true if those players switched roles.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Point is Bron finished out his Contracts it don’t matter how long or short he signed them for.. he finished them period.. These other nikkas deliberately signing long term deals with no intention to finish those contracts in that team

WHO GIVES A FUCC

AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY JUST TEAM HOPPERS

DOESNT MATTER HOW U FUCC A BIITCH.. THE FACT THAT SHE GETTIN FUCCED IS WHAT MATTERS

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This tweet is ridiculous - it’s essentially saying the same thing THREE times (Nick Wright is a shameless ass Bron stan trying to make out they’re completely seperate from one another). And here’s the thing on why it isn’t any different, Bron purposefully signs short-term contracts, so he’s not contractually obliged to one team for an extensive period of time, which safeguards himself from situations like KD has found himself in.

I’m someone who doesn’t criticise anyone from making the best decision for themselves, but Bron has more power than any other entity in the league, so it’s easier for him to strong-arm a front office into making moves that benefit him (while simultaneously having more sway with the players) that nobody else is in a position to.

It doesn’t make Bron more or less respectable, it just makes him smarter and more shrewd.
Eh taking 1 year deals is a risk in itself, if he tore his acl or Achilles it would put him in a tuff situation

And it is a pretty fair point that every team he’s been to has a chip

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
nope, the shameless cowardly team hopping is the thing I respect the least about his career …people act like his first stint with the Cavs was some kinda torturous basketball version of the passion of Christ or something :mjlol:…which ok, they built some contenders there that ultimately just didn’t get it done in the playoffs with some high profile chokejobs sprinkled in there…but fukk it, let’s just chalk it up as he was put into an impossible position where he had 0 opportunity to win and had no choice but to go form an allstar team in Miami…i could almost buy that narrative if everything after that wasn’t shrewd calculated team resource vampire running from the grind ring chasing ..structuring his contracts so it’s easier to dip outta town ain’t exactly some act of valor IMO

With all that said, it worked out for him, which is more than I can say for some players that have followed his lead…KD in particular has pretty much allowed hypocrisy from fans and the media to significantly alter his legacy for the worst…he’s a man without a country in a basketball sense…it makes me appreciate guys like Giannis more…makes this warrior championship feel more special

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is only partially true. Towards the end of his contract Bron wouldn't commit to resigning so nobody wanted to sign there. Also make sense why Cleveland wouldn't go all out sacrificing the future to win immediately if Bron would possibly leave anyway. Stephen Jackson when he was all-star level mentioned that as part of the reason he was worried about going to Cleveland.

They also took swings and just missed with the Wally Szczerbiack, Shaq, Mo Williams, Antwawn Jamison, and Ben Wallace pickups who all made big money. So it's crazy to say the Cavs didn't try to improve or didn't spend money during Lebron's first tenure. They tried and just fukked up.
So the answer to all that is to sign for more years and still waste time and years?

lets keep a cavs and lebron stays timeline

bulls get better

thunder gets the same team

bosh goes to the heat

cetilcs keep it going

on and on...

lebron is dom wilkins with better numbers that it

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
He made it imperative as a GM to do your fukn job correctly. Instead of the owner collecting all the extra $$$ a star player like LeBron brings to your team and your businesses and your other friends businesses, while putting in minimal effort in spending $$ to bring a legit team around him.

Some of y'all don't seem to understand this about Brons first run in Cleveland. Dan Gilbert was very happy spending moderately priced contracts on older role players and collecting $$$$$$ from Bron carrying the team without him spending the money he normally would have

This is exactly how that old racist bytch that used to own the Clippers ran that team. Do the minimum to keep collecting checks.

They had RON HARPER, and let him go to the Bulls, and he immediately rattled off a championship with Jordan.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I respect it more now. Lebron delivered wherever he went.

Looking at it now I understand why he hand picks his teams. He ain't ever gonna let a front office hold him back again.:manny:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Bulls were 2 wins away from having the best record in the East without Jordan, and he was in Chicago.
Kobe and Magic in LA.
Steph has like 4 all-star players and plays in the Bay.
Cavs is in the middle of nowhere and had nobody.

People need to start analyzing the basis for moves and also where and why people move.

It's easy to say this player stayed, while that didn't. But would the opposite also be true if those players switched roles.

You are asking too much from the Coli.

This is the same board that saw me make a video where I told Kobe stans to eat shyt, and have somehow flipped it into me telling KOBE to eat shyt.:stopitslime:

You will never get the nuance that this conversation deserves here, especially when it comes to LeBron. There are too many narratives, too much hating and too much dikkriding for any of that to pop off.

But you're right-- one thing people don't realize is that LeBron was placed between a rock and a hard place and expected to somehow make it work, when MARGINAL players didn't even want to play for Cleveland, and the front office refused to help. This dude Dan Gilbert had an opportunity to sign Amare Stoudemire and said, nah, I'm running with J.J. Hickson, a career 9 PPG player:mjlol:

We saw how every team he fielded fell apart for seven years, and then at the end when the Big 3 Celtics formed how impossible it was for him to win anything against that team with his current team.

No one has that smoke for Melo, who left and signed a deal with the Knicks along with Amare, or even Allen Iverson who left the Sixers to join with Melo right before that. There have been plenty of players who left their team looking for greener pastures, but it's only LeBron that we hate for it.

It doesn't make any logical sense.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
no because spurs and warriors are still dynasties
you can buy rings but you cant buy pedigree

80% of these nikkas are homosexual now because its the norm

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So the answer to all that is to sign for more years and still waste time and years?

lets keep a cavs and lebron stays timeline

bulls get better

thunder gets the same team

bosh goes to the heat

cetilcs keep it going

on and on...

lebron is dom wilkins with better numbers that it
Get off that nikka dikk. Nowhere did I say Lebron should've stayed or that I had a problem with him going to Miami. I was strictly talking about the narrative that the Cavs didn't spend money or try to improve doesn't match reality.

Clown coming in with the pom poms waving for no damn reason.