Arizona cops are sued for REFUSING to return $40,000 in cash seized from black trucking boss who was traveling to buy a new Rig, UPDATE: GOT HIS MONEY

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
If this is the case, then he was in fact intending to use that money to break the law. Working to get around the system to avoid paying taxes on that amount of money used in a purchase is against the law. So even though he told them he was going to use the money to purchase a truck, they also know that the intention behind full cash is to avoid the tax system. That is probably why they feel they can get away with keeping his money, because in the end the money was going to be used in the commission of a crime, though that crime would be a federal one.

*Oh, also state and perhaps city too since they can tax on sales too.
Shut up goofy

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
If this is the case, then he was in fact intending to use that money to break the law. Working to get around the system to avoid paying taxes on that amount of money used in a purchase is against the law. So even though he told them he was going to use the money to purchase a truck, they also know that the intention behind full cash is to avoid the tax system. That is probably why they feel they can get away with keeping his money, because in the end the money was going to be used in the commission of a crime, though that crime would be a federal one.

how cac of you to break this down :mjpls:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Once you get wise to forfeiture laws and how loose they are for authorities to just steal your shyt you start moving without cash. Just no sense to risk it. Was he buying the truck in cash? Who even needs 40k cash for anything these days.
Fair question I hear a lot but disagree. People shouldn't have to worry about carrying large amounts of cash just to have authorities seize it. Yes safety is a concern but not everyone cares about putting money into banks and they should be free not to.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
40K to buy a new rig and he carried it in cash? If he is not guilty of anything he should get his money back. Usually cops hold onto cash like this because they are confident of winning in a civil suit if he takes it there.

There maybe some circumstantial evidence which cannot be proven in a criminal court but it's easily proven in a civil court.
This is where sounding technical doesn't address the entire issue. :camby:You have to incur court costs and attorney fees to fight for your own money. Now what sense does that make?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Fair question I hear a lot but disagree. People shouldn't have to worry about carrying large amounts of cash just to have authorities seize it. Yes safety is a concern but not everyone cares about putting money into banks and they should be free not to.
You’re just arguing hypotheticals. What should be the case, simply isnt. He found about about forfeiture laws the hard way. Folks reading his story that also were unaware should start moving in accordance

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
This is very common in the car game. Most people only accept cash. They will not accept checks of any kind and want no bank involvement to avoid taxes etc. I was recently looking at an old school and the guy wanted 40 cash. He was willing to negotiate the price but the cash only was non negotiable.
fukk around and get set up/robbed

Daps

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Breh, that's only illegal if you fail to file the cash purchase on your taxes. They can't preemptively charge you with a crime for making a large purchase in cash, under the expectation that you're trying to avoid paying taxes at a later date.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Almost zero recourse for authorities seizing cash. Can do what they want with it

The laws were already bad under Obama but Trump made them even worse:

Something tells me he was suspect. A good lawyer would be able to get the money back especially if they couldn't tie him to anything.

Then again...he might just be an idiot
No this is a known issue for a LONG time. Tons of stories of cops seizing funds And sitting on them. What they used to do was “gift” it to the feds then the feds would “gift” it back minus 20%. Then the cops would claim they no longer had the money.

Exactly - anyone who has studied this issue knows that police are allowed to violate due process in this forfeiture bullshyt and it's really been an issue.

If this is the case, then he was in fact intending to use that money to break the law. Working to get around the system to avoid paying taxes on that amount of money used in a purchase is against the law. So even though he told them he was going to use the money to purchase a truck, they also know that the intention behind full cash is to avoid the tax system.

lol - it's not illegal to pay cash to someone who asks for cash. When the fukk would they have written a law claiming that paying in cash was illegal?

If anyone is going to dodge taxes it's the person receiving the cash, not the person giving the cash. If the person who gets the money fails to pay their taxes, that's their fault, not the fault of the guy who gave the money to them.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
And that’s why if you going to buy a vehicle out of state it’s best you do it with a reputable dealer where you can do the transaction over the phone with relevant info and a bank wire transfer.. That way when you go to pick your vehicle up to drive it back those bum ass bum fukk police can’t take your cash… when I bout my 09 vette zr1 I paid $45 racks for it cash.. Purchased from a dealer/seller in Arizona and drive that bytch back… I completed the transaction for the whip a week before I went to pick it up.. Wire transferred the money and everything..

Drove back through Oklahoma, Kansas and all those flat ass fly over states.. I got stopped in Colby Kansas and these yokels askin me why do I have temporary plates on the car.. like wtf.. I told them I purchased it in AZ and I’m driving back home to NY… I guess $$$$ signs went off in their heads and then I was asked if I transporting dudes etc

Then asked if I had large sums of money on me and I was like I have $20 :mjlol: this mofo wanted to take my $20 smh

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Once you get wise to forfeiture laws and how loose they are for authorities to just steal your shyt you start moving without cash. Just no sense to risk it. Was he buying the truck in cash? Who even needs 40k cash for anything these days.
Furthermore, why couldn't he withdraw it from a local bank in the area? You can arrange large withdrawals with Wells Fargo, usbank, chase, etc if you call ahead of time , I'f you are hell bent on using cash.

You can't even bring this case to judge without seeming incredibly suspicious. You only need such large sums of cash if you are money laundering or engaged in illegal activity. Or if you abbeting somebody else's illegal activity( which this case would qualify as, if the truck seller demanded cash payment to avoid taxes).

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Did any of you muthafukkas read the story? He had cash to pay for a rig at a auction in Arizona. These auctions only accept cash

Auctions take Cashier checks and Money Orders too. When they state firm money, they include those two. So he could have easily used a cashiers check to purchase the truck too.