Article resurfaces about Taraji P Henson not being happy with her salary compared to Brad Pitts for Benjamin Button.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Tarjai needs to hire a new publicist to help her become more marketable. I think that's the real issue here.

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
Tarjai needs to hire a new publicist to help her become more marketable. I think that's the real issue here.
This. She needs some brand deals. That's how celebs even white celebs are making big money

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
RDJ got 500k for iron man that made 585.8

Chadwick got 2 mill for black panther that made 1.4 billion

John candy made 414 dollars for home alone

hillary swank made 3,000 for boys dont cry

jonah hill made 60k for wolf of wall street

gal gadot made 300k for wonder woman that grossed 800 mill

john boyega got 100k for star wars
And they all outside of Boyega whom I can't say one way or the other got large bumps and opportunities. They def would've tried to lowball Chad as much as possible had they been given the opportunity. Terrence been tried to tell yall...

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Idk who this girl thinks she is but even some of the biggest actors work for scale. Brad pitt sells movies. Comparing ya salary with a true blue movie star who sells tickets, to her third string salary; is insane. Shes not s movie star. She lucky she got that much I know HUGE actors who got scale just to be able to do the film.

And i find it hard to believe a movie shot outta cali/nyc in new orleans, didnt buy out an entire hotel for everyone. Sounds like she wanted the star treatment and got her own shyt.

She comes off as spoiled. Talking about she make no money, then seeing shes rich as fukk. Shut up already

Last edited:

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps

SHE PLAYED THE LONG GAME
THEY WANTED MONIQUE TO PLAY
AND STILL WOUND UP GETTING UNDERPAID

:devil:
:evil:

That’s a good, succinct way to word it!

This does suck. :francis:

Not being funny- but was/is representation an issue? Does she put butts in the seats?

I’m just wondering. You hear Gabby Union, for example, talk about this stuff, but I also get the sense she has negotiated for more.

I heard Bassett is getting to the bag with her network television show (911)…Of course we know Halle. I get the sense Regina King is good…Sanaa comes from a Hollywood family, but I don’t know if she’s spoken about this before. I’m sure Tracee Ellis Ross is good! Who else do we have?

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you sacrifice money for a good role and kill it, your subsequent pay and the flood of offers you get for roles makes up for it. But because she’s black, neither of those things happened
You typically don't get paid for "killing it". You get paid for putting butts in seats.
Exactly. Too many people think merely existing and working hard is all it takes. You can work your ass off in the WNBA, but if there's no audience you don't get paid.

Look at what Jonah Hill did: his publicist literally put it out there in multiple articles that Jonah was willing to work for Scorceses for free. That, and playing against his usual comedic type cast, got him mad publicity. He's about the craft. Pair that with being in a number of classic movies meant larger audiences associated him with good movies and went out to see him.

Taraji's publicity is associated with at best - the plight of black women - and at worst - entitlement. We can feel bad but we're not watching her movies cause of that. :yeshrug:
And they all outside of Boyega whom I can't say one way or the other got large bumps and opportunities. They def would've tried to lowball Chad as much as possible had they been given the opportunity. Terrence been tried to tell yall...
They had to take insurance out on Downey Jr. in case he relapsed on drugs and fukked up the production. That was one of his first jobs in a long ass time. He was toxic. Funnily enough, Terrance Howard was paid more than him.

If the movie bombed nobody would be talking about him. Instead, he put butts in seats with a now iconic movie character.