Religion/Spirituality Atheism and the black community...good read

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
A study? Really?

I got 2 agnostic homeboys that's backstroking in broads.

I can see how it may complicate things if you're going for a serious relationship, but as far as smashing is concerned, it aint gonna matter that much to chicks, if at all

I agree. It's never caused a hindrance in smashing. But serious dating, yeah.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My parents don't even understand what agnostic is, but give me lots of flack about it.

They barely go to church, and stay misquoting the bible or saying shyt that isn't even in it. I've done more reading and have a better understanding of the bible and Christianity than them, but they still hold on to this unwavering belief that they don't even fully understand.

I applaud the church for all it's done, but I swear black folks are brainwashed when it comes to religion. Got all the baby mommas on Facebook praising Jesus :mindblown: Something bad happens, they tell you to pray on it instead of trying to solve the problem. My dad hasn't been to church in over 7 years and he only went then to go to his brothers funeral. He recently had a health scare and was all up in church talmbout "praise The Lord :lawd:"

Fervid

Largest Member
Daps
A study? Really?

I got 2 agnostic homeboys that's backstroking in broads.

I can see how it may complicate things if you're going for a serious relationship, but as far as smashing is concerned, it aint gonna matter that much to chicks, if at all

But wait, if these chicks are religious don't they know that their religion most likely forbids "smashing"? :mindblown:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
My parents don't even understand what agnostic is, but give me lots of flack about it.

They barely go to church, and stay misquoting the bible or saying shyt that isn't even in it. I've done more reading and have a better understanding of the bible and Christianity than them, but they still hold on to this unwavering belief that they don't even fully understand.

I applaud the church for all it's done, but I swear black folks are brainwashed when it comes to religion. Got all the baby mommas on Facebook praising Jesus :mindblown: Something bad happens, they tell you to pray on it instead of trying to solve the problem. My dad hasn't been to church in over 7 years and he only went then to go to his brothers funeral. He recently had a health scare and was all up in church talmbout "praise The Lord :lawd:"

i can't stand that either, if anytyhing it makes talking about god to people harder and it provides ammo to people like many HL regulars. There is nothing wrong in NOT know, just don't pretend TO know.

I don't know nor will i pretend to understand your parents relationship with God, you don't have to go to church to have a relationship with God, but when you don't it does make it harder. On that note in an attempt to understand their relationsihp i'd say it's what's commonly refered to as "luke warm". Being a christian is about more than going to church and tithing 10%, there are a lot of people who go to church regularly who will not make it into heaven...

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
dap + rep :lawd: i'd been struggling for some years, finally came to grips last fall and shyt aint been the same since. it sounds stupid outloud, but i keep thinking this must be how gay people feel coming out the closet. like ol girl said, you're either "deranged" or "confused" and either way you're goin to hell :ufdup: and i'm more agnostic then atheist. people distancing themselves... i helped my boy get off the streets when NO ONE ELSE would and even he told me that if I admitted to being a full blown atheist we probably couldn't be friends no more :why: after all the shyt i did for you breh?! i never felt something so lonely... i know one other guy and he's in the same kinda mode like me where it like you're on eggshells with everybody. luckily its a group starting up down here, i think i might join. we're lucky to be in the 21st century brehs :to: with the internet and all shyt shyt. i really feel like its about to take off in the next few decades... you can hear it in the music now. meek mill "amen", the game dropped a whole album called "jesus piece" and that shyt was :whoo:... anyways though

/rant

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I swear there is positive linear correlation between single motherhood and religiosity among chicks on my facebook, lol.

I've noticed that too. I think a lot of chicks are overcompensating for wilding out in their high school/college days.

That said, I think it's kind of a generational things. Most black people I know under 35 aren't particularly religious (outside of baby mommas), while most older folks are. It is what it is. :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i can't stand that either, if anytyhing it makes talking about god to people harder and it provides ammo to people like many HL regulars. There is nothing wrong in NOT know, just don't pretend TO know.

I don't know nor will i pretend to understand your parents relationship with God, you don't have to go to church to have a relationship with God, but when you don't it does make it harder. On that note in an attempt to understand their relationsihp i'd say it's what's commonly refered to as "luke warm". Being a christian is about more than going to church and tithing 10%, there are a lot of people who go to church regularly who will not make it into heaven...

Yeah I understand that. I'm just saying that they don't really practice the teachings of the bible, yet they act totally appalled if anyone questions those teachings.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The article is trash. When you shun God, society shuns you. When you shun God you're telling the world you cant handle the responsibility of morality. You've given up so society in turn, gives up on you. You arent progressive you're just an attention whore. People care about the fact you dont believe in God about as much as the fact as you caring when someone does believe in God. Still, an atheist is like someone with the cooties. Scientists have shown it is natural for people to believe in God so atheism is obviously a learned behavior. One that comes from rejecting morals in favor of your own sick way of thinking. Anyone who deals with them is going to get burned because underneath all that philosophy is something, so chilling.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
When you shun God, society shuns you. You arent progressive you're just an attention whore. People care about the fact you dont believe in God about as much as the fact as you caring when someone does believe in God. Still, an atheist is like someone with the cooties. Anyone who deals with them is going to get burned because underneath all that philosophy is something, so chilling.

:trash:

Incoherent rambling. Please discuss this issue like a man. There are many interesting facets to talk about.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:trash:

Incoherent rambling. Please discuss this issue like a man. There are many interesting facets to talk about.
Like? Atheists are trying to paint life like they have some kind of crazy struggle but we dont live in a world of ideals, we live in reality and if you believe in reality than you believe in cause and effect. When you dont believe in God, or some form of spirituality restricted to a specific culture, you are shunned. Atheism is a byproduct of trauma, a corrupted family life or some brainwashing demon whos got his hands on the mind of a youth. Atheism is a movement spread by the cac to people around the world and really has no culture to back it and to keep it from being nothing more than a pocket of self proclaimed elitists who have nothing but tyranny for people dumb enough to accept them as leaders.