Atomic Blonde Trailer-Charlize Theron the female Baba Yaga :wow:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
finally caught this last weekend...maybe it was just me but the story was a little bit hard to follow...like it was all over the place..the action, when it happened, was good...it was ok at best but nothing great
I felt the same exact way. I had no idea what was going on and the plot was all over the place. The fight scenes were cool but thats about it. I cut it off when ol boy was shot and she was driving in the car. I just didn't care at that point.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
finally caught this last weekend...maybe it was just me but the story was a little bit hard to follow...like it was all over the place..the action, when it happened, was good...it was ok at best but nothing great

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. I was expecting female John Wick, but I saw an action movie with a convoluted plot :ld:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched this and the movie is dripping with style :ehh:. Charlize Theron definitely looks like a movie star the way she is filmed, I was impressed they let her get beat up a fair amount as well. Action was on point, but I agree it had some confusing spy shenanigans.

Daps
Loved the scoring of the film. Definitely captured and stylized the 80’s.

The movie itself didn’t suck me in at all.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I enjoyed the hell out of it. The fight scene in the apartment when she taking down that head goon and he wouldn’t go down. The way she wasn’t just a super woman, she would get beat up but used every and anything to survive was great. Storyline was simple to me:

There was a list of all the undercover agents from British intelligence and the CIA that are working from all over the world. The Russians want it. The British sent an agent over ( McAvoy) to retrieve the list but he went rogue. Theron goes to Russia to lose as a double agent and is hired by the Russians who want the list. So Theron goes over to Germany to a) get the list and b) find the rogue agent and eliminate. What she ends up doing is getting the list and making McAvoy the mole who wanted to sell the list and basically covers her tracks so the british wont know she actually a triple agent....

Ok maybe it’s a bit contrived but I get it. It was a dope movie to me.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Loved this movie. The style the music and setting was really dope. The plot was a bit convoluted on first watch but truthfully I did not really care cause everything else was clicking. After a second watch and knowing somewhat what is going on it got even better.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Watched this again and was just as irritating as the last time. The constant 80s music that kept on blaring in every scene...I get it this is the 80s no need to remind us every damn scene.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
brehs didnt like the soundtrack? i thought that was suppose to be part of the charm of the film. overall it was ok but i agree over the story was a bit hard to follow. i guess the jist was that shes playing both sides tho unbeknownst to both was really amercian all along? but it was pretty stylish w/ some cool action scenes. i think those r the main selling points here. also, has she ever done nudity before?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I blamed the alcohol for me not being able to follow this but i guess everybody was lost too

:russ:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It’s cool. Not even close to touching John Wick the movies or character tho. :camby:

Story was a bit of a mess, but I didn’t get lost much. Main thing was the list, which was the thing to follow.