Baltimore Residents fear for their lives after riots

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Great Opportunity to get some of those paid protest dollars on the streets.......Set up Their own police force. If the cops have abandoned ,which how could they if they been terrorizing the neighborhood as the complaints about police have stated? fukk the police!!! There was some big speeches, lot of people talking... It's a good time to set those millions that were paid to Organizations to protest to set up and pay people to police themselves. It gotta be fukk the police 100%. Now is a good time for the community to get its own police force. fukk paying their salaries. Take it off our taxes and let black folks set up they own force. Ain't this what everybody wanted anyway?

Plus all those burned out businesses that aint coming back, aint this a good opportunity for black folks and these wealthy investors like Jay Z (who paid bail money) to come together and set up businesses???

I fail to see a downside here. The cops have stopped coming around and there are spaces available for investment. ISN'T THIS THE RIGHT TIME?

Are you are being serious or not?

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great Opportunity to get some of those paid protest dollars on the streets.......Set up Their own police force. If the cops have abandoned ,which how could they if they been terrorizing the neighborhood as the complaints about police have stated? fukk the police!!! There was some big speeches, lot of people talking... It's a good time to set those millions that were paid to Organizations to protest to set up and pay people to police themselves. It gotta be fukk the police 100%. Now is a good time for the community to get its own police force. fukk paying their salaries. Take it off our taxes and let black folks set up they own force. Ain't this what everybody wanted anyway?

Plus all those burned out businesses that aint coming back, aint this a good opportunity for black folks and these wealthy investors like Jay Z (who paid bail money) to come together and set up businesses???

I fail to see a downside here. The cops have stopped coming around and there are spaces available for investment. ISN'T THIS THE RIGHT TIME?

This is exactly the right time for some people

37-Ski-Mask-Way1.gif

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
You don't see this as an opportunity to clean up our own community and run our own shyt?

Dunno what the joke is in anything I said.

I think you are severely underestimating what kind of man power, training, and financing is needed to protect a city the size of Baltimore. Baltimore has one of the biggest police forces in the country breh.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you are severely underestimating what kind of man power, training, and financing is needed to protect a city the size of Baltimore. Baltimore has one of the biggest police forces in the country breh.

Nah homie you got a defeatist attitude to start with. It can start with that neighborhood. Nothing gets built from the roof down. Gotta build from the ground up. I'm not a complainer. I don't sit around looking at how impossible the odds are or what can't be done. There are resources. These folks mobilized already to riot correct? Where are the organizers? They are online chasing the next issue like the case is closed on this one. HOLD people accountable and stop with all the excuses. There will never be a "perfect"time. Now is a good opportunity. Folks need organization more than ever and policing more than ever, per the article. Who gonna step up and see the opportunity. There are jobs to be created and had. If the issue is poverty and education you cankill 2 birds with one stone.

Or are you saying that you doubt the people care anything about their community at all. People sent money to get protesters released and sent millions to get these protests organized. Are you saying there is no money to actually build a positive foundation on the shambles parts of the city is in now?

Say foreign investors see the opportunity to come in and build something on the ruins.......................who is wrong when people complain about foreigners coming in and setting up shop? The cycle repeats again.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Nah homie you got a defeatist attitude to start with. It can start with that neighborhood. Nothing gets built from the roof down. Gotta build from the ground up. I'm not a complainer. I don't sit around looking at how impossible the odds are or what can't be done. There are resources. These folks mobilized already to riot correct? Where are the organizers? They are online chasing the next issue like the case is closed on this one. HOLD people accountable and stop with all the excuses. There will never be a "perfect"time. Now is a good opportunity. Folks need organization more than ever and policing more than ever, per the article. Who gonna step up and see the opportunity. There are jobs to be created and had. If the issue is poverty and education you cankill 2 birds with one stone.

Or are you saying that you doubt the people care anything about their community at all. People sent money to get protesters released and sent millions to get these protests organized. Are you saying there is no money to actually build a positive foundation on the shambles parts of the city is in now?

Say foreign investors see the opportunity to come in and build something on the ruins.......................who is wrong when people complain about foreigners coming in and setting up shop? The cycle repeats again.

Breh, you are aware law enforcement is a government job right? You suggesting some kinda militia...no wait, deputizing random citizens to protect a neighborhood is absolute insanity.

The BPD had a proposed budget of 444 million dollars last year. You expect the community to come up with that kind of money?

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

would you invest in an area that is a battle field with no police presence?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Cliffs - Ever since the riots, the police have stopped caring about what goes on in urban neighborhoods in Baltimore, the crime rate is crazy and these neighborhoods look like the wild wild west without Police.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...d7174a-0515-11e5-93f4-f24d4af7f97d_story.html
Can't say I necessarily blame the cops in this instance...it's a classic damned if you do...damned if you don't situation. There's been a lot of unproven speculation as to how Freddy Grey actually died, and unfortunately the witch hunt/mob mentality has caused the police to be extra cautious in addressing violent crime.

Freddy Grey was supposedly from a very crime ridden area himself, where the criminals are pretty clever...and the cops have to stay one step ahead of them. The cops "are the bad guys" discussion has pretty much knocked them a few steps back.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
I can already see how this is going to play out. :coffee: Just so some of you guys know, West Baltimore has historically been known for drugs and violence; now it's just getting media coverage.