BARBERSHOP TALK: Black Folk Need To KNOW Their History

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
i think knowing one history is a start but it's a little deeper then that
I actually think its waaaaay more than just "a start". I think its literally the key to black salvation. Black people becoming aware of our own history and the ways in which we've been systematically oppressed is key #1. Everything after that will be a result of our awakening.

There's a specific reason why they've intentionally buried, hidden and manipulated past history. There's a specific reason why they don't teach certain things about black history.

White supremacy thrives on our own ignorance.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Admittedly I'm faded, but i have to reply, for what? :francis: what does my or our history have to do with sh!t in 2017? Knowing my history does what for my pockets or quality of life? Tell me cuz I want to know.

LevelUp

🧞πŸͺ” π™π™π™š π™‚π™šπ™£π™žπ™š 𝙀𝙛 π™©π™π™š 𝙇𝙖𝙒π™₯ 🧞πŸͺ”
Daps
Yeah I agree.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Admittedly I'm faded, but i have to reply, for what? :francis: what does my or our history have to do with sh!t in 2017? Knowing my history does what for my pockets or quality of life? Tell me cuz I want to know.
Well, this popped in my mind after I say some church (part of the church) named after a pastor. Also, if we knew our history, then we wouldn't repeat the same mistakes. We would also have a TRUE understanding of spirituality and our culture. We've been misled a lot.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well, this popped in my mind after I say some church (part of the church) named after a pastor. Also, if we knew our history, then we wouldn't repeat the same mistakes. We would also have a TRUE understanding of spirituality and our culture. We've been misled a lot.

At this point what does matter Joe? What mistakes are available to repeat? What spirituality? What culture?