Batman 1989 appreciation thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
takinghome.JPG

Gotham Alleys: "Nightmare that tastes like candy"

Gotham Alleys: Batman in 1980s/90s: Michael Keaton

in the original release batman was hardly seen he was like SPAWN you could only see his ears his nose and his cape they brightened it up for the second dvd release

They are right; Keaton's eyes as Wayne and through the cowl are something special. He never shows you he's comfortable as Wayne, and as Batman it's menacing. That's something that has yet to be duplicated...Clooney had the confidence, Bale had the bluff but Keaton was menacing.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
The only Batman I have ever acknowledged! Still holds up. “Love that joker “ 😆

Studious one

Daps
after rewatching it from the 1st time i grew to appreciate it, but i was swept in from the get go when the soundtrack was released and copped the Record!

P!!!

i wish Prince made a horor soundtrack to a film!! maybe in the 80's..the synths era!
Fun fact: they asked him for a couple of songs and he wrote thirteen.

Studious one

Daps
soundtrack blew my mind when i was a kid

"STOP-STOP-STOP THE PRESSSSS! WHO'S THAT?" "VICKI VALE! I LIKE..." "BAT-MAAAANN!!!"

originally 1999 and Baby Ima Star were originally in the rough cut of the film, but it was jack nicholson who asked if prince himself could do a few songs for the soundtrack, he wound up doing an entire album

Prince made a dark horror like track for the soundtrack but pulled it because it was TOO dark, it was called "dance with the devil" Ive got it, sh1ts dope, 'dance with the devil by the pale moonlight! put your arms around him and hold him tight!'
Salute! I just said that! Side note; how do you post those smilies?

Studious one

Daps
I made a thread about it being my favorite Batman movie out of the whole series a few weeks ago and I got negged for it :laugh: :smh:

But honestly, its my favorite Batman movie. I loved it as a kid too.
I think I’m in love 🥰

Studious one

Daps
Remember seeing this and leaving the movie theatre like :ohmy:

The cultural impact of this was bigger than The Dark Knight . I used to have all of the Topps trading cards and a large Vicki Vale poster on my bedroom wall. Had to let go of the poster after a year later though. Had too much fun with it :steviej:

Liked Batman Returns and Batman Forever too but Forever didn't age as well.

"Where does he get all those wonderful toys?" was my favorite Joker quote

*Goes to Amazon for the Blu-Ray*
“ Could you tell me what kind of a world we live in where a man dressed up as a bat gets more press than me?! This city needs an enema”.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I haven't read them, but fans of the movie should check out the comic based on the 89 movie that just came out last year.
batman89_adv.jpg

From what I've seen they even brought it Marlon Wayan's Robin and Billy Dee Williams as Two Face.