BB Deadlifting & Shin Scraping

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
@semtex @ocmfII @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! @The ADD @thewiz703 @Meh @KOOL-AID @hoodheronova

When I BB deadlift I always end up scraping my shins since the proper method of picking that bytch up involves slighting rolling it along your leg). I wear long pants and socks and try to make sure that the bar position is proper...what's your recommendation on things like leg width and how far you squat down when starting your rep?

Like this article says, I don't pride myself in fukking my legs up:

How to Stop Bloody Shin Scraping on Deadlifts | StrongLifts

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
My shyts are all scraped, marked and bruised up. Sometimes I wear long socks but I still get banged up. Doesn't really bother me much at this stage :manny:

I position my feet almost indentical to shoulder width, start the bar midway above my feet then when I drop down to set up the bar is almost touching my lower shin. As I pull the bar traces my shins.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
My shyts are all scraped, marked and bruised up. Sometimes I wear long socks but I still get banged up. Doesn't really bother me much at this stage :manny:

I position my feet almost indentical to shoulder width, start the bar midway above my feet then when I drop down to set up the bar is almost touching my lower shin. As I pull the bar traces my shins.
I think the only thing that has allowed me to continue is that I do it at most twice a week. Even with the socks and long pants I get a little bruised. Form wise, I'm pretty much the same as you. I'll probably just accept them like I have my callouses.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
good looks never thot to add long socks to my pants, but yea the shyt happens every now and then thats why i keep a steady controlled pace and keep some distance from the bar

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
good looks never thot to add long socks to my pants, but yea the shyt happens every now and then thats why i keep a steady controlled pace and keep some distance from the bar
Ye when I started bring it closer to my legs though I was able to lift more. It's a catch 22.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
@semtex @ocmfII @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! @The ADD @thewiz703 @Meh @KOOL-AID @hoodheronova

When I BB deadlift I always end up scraping my shins since the proper method of picking that bytch up involves slighting rolling it along your leg). I wear long pants and socks and try to make sure that the bar position is proper...what's your recommendation on things like leg width and how far you squat down when starting your rep?

Like this article says, I don't pride myself in fukking my legs up:

How to Stop Bloody Shin Scraping on Deadlifts | StrongLifts
You're not doing it right if you're scrapping your shins. If you lean forward a little bit where your shoulders are over the bar you don't have that problem.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Ye when I started bring it closer to my legs though I was able to lift more. It's a catch 22.
yea, i think my footin be off as well at times like my knees may buckle if my legs get too close, i usually do a standard shoulder length stance. i also have a hard time keepin my shoulders in good form through the motion

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I lock my scapulae when I come up @KOOL-AID I really push against my abs to help stabilize as well. I find that my form coming down is easier to maintain than going up.

What I really need is more chalk. My palms get sweaty as shyt and I don't need nor want to use straps.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
I lock my scapulae when I come up @KOOL-AID I really push against my abs to help stabilize as well. I find that my form coming down is easier to maintain than going up.

What I really need is more chalk. My palms get sweaty as shyt and I don't need nor want to use straps.
yea it is easier going down imma just find some youtubes on it and practice, i always try to do them with a mirror nearby to see my form. i'd rather use gloves/straps than chalk

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
I do Romanian deadlifts and keep good distance from my legs. It's dangerous but I'm also not a p*ssy