Being A Real Nikka Gets You NO WHERE (What's The Point Of Sayin It)

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I feel you op. The saying is questionable however it doesn't only refer to some in the street and so forth. Personally I don't refer to myself as such to be frank however I get the point when cats say it

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
People often conflate being a "real nikka" with being a street nikka.....but it just means being true to yourself. If you're an anime-watching-nerd-nikka....be true to that. If you're in the streets selling dope...be true to that. Just be the person you truly know you are.

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
Question: Would an Asian say he's a real chink? Exactly :stopitslime: We are the only people who insult ourselves. The self hate and etc has to cease.
Does the word chink have as much history and impact as the word nikka? Honest question. I'm from the south, the word nikka is deeply rooted in our community. It rolls off the tounge. I say nikka around my mama and grandma all the time and they don't gaf, they say it all the time too. We reversed it's original meaning in spite of the white man

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Does the word chink have as much history and impact as the word nikka? Honest question. I'm from the south, the word nikka is deeply rooted in our community. It rolls off the tounge. I say nikka around my mama and grandma all the time and they don't gaf, they say it all the time too. We reversed it's original meaning in spite of the white man
giphy.gif

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Honestly the only people concerned with being a real nikka are street dudes, dudes who lack intelligence/knowledge, and those who don't have their priorities straight. It's one of the most lol things in our culture.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Question: Would an Asian say he's a real chink? Exactly :stopitslime: We are the only people who insult ourselves. The self hate and etc has to cease.

The consensus of the word is undoubted one of the most destructive devices ever created out of pure hate and disdain for another. It deeper then the word itself if you ask me. Cats have been told repeatly since birth that "they ain't shyt" for so long that they lost any hope or sense of identity outside of criticism.