Belichick or Popovich?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, they're both connected to two GOAT level players. Brady never fell off (or has yet to fall off) during the Belichick era (even though they were pretty successful that one year he was hurt, but there was no playoffs). Duncan is essentially a role player but the Spurs are still pumping along. Then again, football is a much more team oriented sport than basketball. It's damn near impossible to compare across sports.

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
I don't think Pop could take players you never heard of and win like Belichick does. They're both great though, but that hidden gem quality really stands out with Beli, sure Pop comes through with a Patty Mills like player here and there but Beli consistently having no names out there winning games.

:beli: gets my vote.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Popovich.

And other coaches from his tree have been successful.

Plus he seems to be pretty loyal to his players.

No cheating

Cheating? Belichick has had ONE incident and people STILL don't understand what he was actually fined for.

It's easy to be loyal to your players when you can give five players the vast majority of your team's salary cap. Depth is significantly more important in football than it is in basketball, but that's getting into the GM aspect of their respective sports, which isn't what this comparison is about.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Why ask questions like this on the coli @BucciMane :stopitslime:. You my boy but I almost Negged you. You know these dudes are anti patriots on here.

Beli is damn near the GOAT football coach. It's harder to do what Beli does. Football is a harder sport to coach than basketball

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Beli

only Walsh dominated in such a fashion, the NBA is a have and have not league with alot of dynasties. not that Pop isnt brilliant, he surely is, but i think what Bill does year in and year out is harder. Spurs have never had to lose a major piece

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Beli

only Walsh dominated in such a fashion, the NBA is a have and have not league with alot of dynasties. not that Pop isnt brilliant, he surely is, but i think what Bill does year in and year out is harder. Spurs have never had to lose a major piece

Absolutely... also, who was the wolf's bane to Walsh's revolutionary West Coast attack that featured the best QB & WR to ever play the game? The Big Blue Wrecking Crew.

Which coach on Parcells' staff was in charge of that side of the ball?

:beli:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't think Pop could take players you never heard of and win like Belichick does. They're both great though, but that hidden gem quality really stands out with Beli, sure Pop comes through with a Patty Mills like player here and there but Beli consistently having no names out there winning games.

:beli: gets my vote.
There's no such thing as "No Names" or "Hidden Gems" in football.