Who Do you feel is more responsible for the Dynasty?

• Belichick

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • Brady

Votes: 43 38.4%

• Total voters
Daps
I'm not sure bro, I've seen Belichick without Brady, but i've never seen Brady without Belichick.
You have seen him garner a winning record without making the playoffs. Since when is that the mark of greatness? Especially with a team that stacked.

I gotta believe that Brady would’ve had them in the playoffs that year without Beli. They probably wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl, maybe not even a single playoff win, but I think they win the division.

That’s the thing: they needed each other to reach that next level and win 6 rings

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
You have seen him garner a winning record without making the playoffs. Since when is that the mark of greatness? Especially with a team that stacked.

I gotta believe that Brady would’ve had them in the playoffs that year without Beli. They probably wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl, maybe not even a single playoff win, but I think they win the division.

That’s the thing: they needed each other to reach that next level and win 6 rings
Bill Hired everyone outside of the owner. Everyone from the players, to the waterboys. Belichick built the whole roster. Brady is an all time great, but Is it him or is it that Belichick system?

Daps
Bill Hired everyone outside of the owner. Everyone from the players, to the waterboys. Belichick built the whole roster. Brady is an all time great, but Is it him or is it that Belichick system?
That’s a better argument, imo. Beli def has a bigger imprint on the team cuz he affects more due to his position (which he’s excelled in).

Brady is an all time great, period tho. :ufdup:

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
That’s a better argument, imo. Beli def has a bigger imprint on the team cuz he affects more due to his position (which he’s excelled in).

Brady is an all time great, period tho. :ufdup:
No argument, Brady is an all time great, We'll see what he does next year, and yet we can agree that Beli, has a larger thumb print on this team. If the patriots make the playoffs with this Schoolyard roster, The smoke will clear and only the truth shall remain.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry I feel the equal arguement is a cop out, nikkas playing safe like they got a ESPN or media gig...

Both important no doubt, but Belichick by far, football and futbol are the the ultimate team sports, I think they're are better QBs than Brady(peyton trying to be OC on the field, better than Brady trying to be OC) but Brady knows how to play his role better, and makes better decision at crucial moments,

Belichick might find something close but nothing beats an originator, Bucs are a season away at best, Depending on QB and what Brady did last season, and the AFC East (bills gearing up, lol)....

Patriots have an easier time to a bowl....

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
I think Belichick would have had a career more like Andy Reid without Brady (unless he had a Rodgers/Brees/Mahomes alternative from the get-go). Whereas I think Brady could have won like 3-4 SBs with a number of teams, like the Saints. I think they each made each other better, and Belichick is going to learn that there's a difference between having a solid winning record, and being a perennial Super Bowl favorite.

You really believe that Brady would have won more Superbowls as a Saint that Drew Brees. They're a number of teams that have won Superbowls with average QBs. I'm not saying Brady is average and he does put a lot of work into his craft but don't kid yourself. What are the chances that Brady would've been a starting QB anywhere other than New England. He only got the chance because Bledose got injured If Beli could win with a 6th round pick as his QB then could've won with someone else for sure.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Beli was a D coordinator for Giants back in day. Patriots defense kept them in those Super Bowls. Brady was a game manager up until about 2007 after Weis left. Matt Cassel went 11-5 as a QB . Matt....Cassel :mindblown: every move the Pats make always works out .Wouldn't be surprise if Jarrett Stidham became starter and lead Pats to the playoffs . Wouldn't be surprise if Josh McDaniels joins the Bucs in 2021 after Brady struggles this season in Arians "system"

broller

Veteran
Daps
This is such a an overblown argument imo

In your heart of hearts, if Beli would’ve suffered a season ending stroke in preseason, and Brady remained healthy do you really believe Brady wouldn’t have led a team that won all 16 games the previous year to a winning record whilst missing the playoffs?

The Patriots went 10-6 the year after Cassel though :patrice:

The 2007 Pats went 16-0, then dropped by 5 games and went 11-5 WITHOUT Brady.

We've seen a similar drop before when the 2004 Patriots went 14-2 then dropped by 4 games WITH Brady in 2005 (10-6).

It's not unprecedented for a team to have a marked drop off after a great year.

Also, the Patriots scored 25.6 PPG in 2008, and 26.7 in 2009 when Brady came back.

And people like to act like the 2008 team was exactly the same as the 2007 team. It wasn't. They lost Asante Samuel. Plus Rodney Harrison played about half as many games. And Adalius missed also half as many games as the previous year. They also lost Donte Stallworth.

Last edited: