Besides I.T. what choices does a drop out have? GEMS INSIDE

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are you talking about?
IT job Market is trash and people won't make near as much money as they think. Once you hit that salary ceiling there is nowhere to go but down.

IT Job Wages Are No Longer 'Exceptional'

IT Job Wages Are No Longer 'Exceptional'

by Rachel Layne

Wage growth in IT jobs has moderated following the dot-com boom, according to new research by Ruiqing Sam Cao and Shane Greenstein.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Bump for anyone else in need. I have to wait until my temp agency contract expires.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Well if you’re a college dropout then take your ass to the military and STFU.

Either way, STFU.

Nobody wants see yet another thread about how worthless you think you are, which I’m sure you’ll be making in about a week like clockwork.

couple nikkas around here that need to back up from the computer

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Nope...this ain't it. Sys Engineer now, did an internship while at college, and did consultant work for xp....

Stop spreading lies, Tech requires discipline and focus which OP doesn't have so far...Just excuses...
This is key. They don’t hire black people because we’re less likely to get internships. It’s not like we can just break into the industry without connects or internship experience. And you can only really get an internship while in college, in a CS or adjacent major.

I was told this by a CEO of a tech company who I only knew through my network.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I only work 15 days a month and acquire 14 hours of PTO every 2 week pay period...

Work schedule is week one Mon, Tues, off Wed, off Thurs, work the weekend. Week two off Mon, Tues, work Wed, Thurs and have the weekend off.. 12 hr shifts and we rotate from days to nights every two weeks.. I can take two days off and have a week off..

You need to get state licenses for advancement and pay upgrades.

Pay depends on where you live, experience etc. I make $29 an hr, pretty decent for a breh in this area.

And like I stated before once you get your licenses and experience, its a guaranteed job security.

Is it possible to work in this field if you have a record?