Biden issues U.S.′ first AI executive order, requiring safety assessments, civil rights guidance, research on labor market impact

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I heard a YouTuber make a good point about ai

It’s not ai ,workers should be worried about, it’s the 7% interest rate that’s killing jobs

I guess this YouTuber was talking about the fed rate (which is actually in the 5s).

In any case, they were being dramatic. The rates can be lowered in the future but you can never put the AI genie back in the bottle.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I guess this YouTuber was talking about the fed rate (which is actually in the 5s).

In any case, they were being dramatic. The rates can be lowered in the future but you can never put the AI genie back in the bottle.
We can adapt to ai, but that won’t be possible if the powers that be are committed to trying to keep the dollar as top dog making risky decisions that backfires on everybody especially citizens

JLova

Veteran
Daps
I guess , I’m just saying people should be way more afraid of the fact that the education system is terrible in America

Sure, there are many issues right now but the government doesn't benefit from an educated population.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Sure, there are many issues right now but the government doesn't benefit from an educated population.
You know I’ve heard that saying before but that shyt doesn’t make no sense if you really think about it

An uneducated population is the reason why America is going to fall, is falling I should say

JLova

Veteran
Daps
You know I’ve heard that saying before but that shyt doesn’t make no sense if you really think about it

An uneducated population is the reason why America is going to fall, is falling I should say

The government would not be able to do a lot of the shyt they do with a more educated public. Not just government, but corps as well. The system would collapse. Maybe it's for the greater good, but not for the government.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
The government would not be able to do a lot of the shyt they do with a more educated public. Not just government, but corps as well. The system would collapse. Maybe it's for the greater good, but not for the government.
The system wouldn’t collapse, it would just be harder to hide corruption

them neglecting the citizens has put the government in a situation where they not only fukked the country up but fukked themselves up as well

It’s dumb as hell to not take education seriously

Them crackers thought they shyt ain’t stink and now they about to get moved off the block in a geopolitical sense

bnew

Veteran
Daps

McConnell opposes bill to ban use of deceptive AI to influence elections​

BY ALEXANDER BOLTON - 05/15/24 11:41 AM ET

Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)
Greg Nash

Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) addresses reporters after the weekly policy luncheon on Tuesday, October 31, 2023.

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced Wednesday he will oppose bipartisan legislation coming out of the Senate Rules Committee that would ban the use of artificial intelligence (AI) to create deceptive content about federal candidates to influence elections.

McConnell, a longtime opponent of campaign finance restrictions, warned that the bills coming out of the Rules Committee “would tamper” with what he called the “well-developed legal regime” for taking down false ads and “create new definitions that could reach well beyond deepfakes.”

He argued that if his colleagues on the Rules panel viewed a dozen political ads, they “would differ on which ones were intentionally misleading.”

“The core question we’re facing is whether or not politicians should have another tool to take down speech they don’t like,” he said. “But if the amendment before us extends this authority to unpaid political speech, then we’re also talking about an extension of speech regulation that has not happened in the 50 years of our modern campaign finance regime.”

The Protect Elections from Deceptive AI Act, which would ban the use of AI to create misleading content, is backed by Senate Rules Committee Chair Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and Sens. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), Chris c00ns (D-Del.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) and Pete Ricketts (R-Neb.).

But McConnell, citing testimony from Sen. Bill Hagerty (R-Tenn.), said the definitions in the bills to crack down on deepfakes are “nebulous, at best, and overly censorious if they’re applied most cynically.”

“They could wind up barring all manner of photos and videos as long as the ill-defined ‘reasonable person’ could deduce an alternative meaning from the content,” he said.

The Rules Committee also marked up Wednesday the AI Transparency in Elections Act, which requires disclaimers on political ads with images, audio or video generated by AI and the Preparing Election Administrators for AI Act, which requires federal agencies to develop voluntary guidelines for election offices.

McConnell said the proposal to require new disclaimers could be used to regulate content, which he opposes.

“I also have concerns about the disclaimer provisions and their application. Our political disclaimer regime has for its entire history served a singular purpose: to help voters understand who is paying for or endorsing an advertisement. It has never been applied to political advertisements as a content regulation tool,” he said.

He urged his colleagues to spend more time on the issue to reach consensus and announced he would oppose the AI-related bills moving forward.

“Until Congress reaches a consensus understanding of what AI is acceptable and what is not, leading with our chin is not going to cut it in the domain of political speech. So I will oppose S. 2770 or S. 3875 at this time. And I would urge my colleagues to do the same,” he said.

All three bills cleared the Rules Committee.