Bill Gates: Tax robots taking human jobs

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I know that and it's the first play from the commie playbook oh something isn't fair tax them to redistribute the wealth
ITS NOT EVEN COMMIE!

People won't have jobs and money...how do you stimulate an economy with no demand side policies?

You only focus on supply side

This is all about Tax revenue for the government. Government is always looking for their cut.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This is all about Tax revenue for the government. Government is always looking for their cut.
They should. If corporations are taking jobs from Red-Blooded Americans to generate higher profits and pay lower taxes why shouldn't the government adapt? It make sense. Pay your fair share. Be a proud American.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
How?

It's a self-correcting problem. The robots replace the human worker at a fraction of the cost. The robot now has the job of creating the widgets that the human used to make. Meanwhile, the human, who is now unemployed with no prospects, has no money to purchase said widgets. Widget manufacturer goes out of business, and now the robot is out of work too.

So companies will be paying people to purchase their products? Crazy.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
They should. If corporations are taking jobs from Red-Blooded Americans to generate higher profits and pay lower taxes why shouldn't the government adapt? It make sense. Pay your fair share. Be a proud American.

They should, but the big question is why now? Technology has been talking jobs away for a few decades now. Now they are just acting on it?

There's a hidden story in this. Something is not being said.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They should, but the big question is why now? Technology has been talking jobs away for a few decades now. Now they are just acting on it?

There's a hidden story in this. Something is not being said.
I think Bill Gates was just asked about it in an interview. I'd also say with a new President it's a good time as any to institute these types of sweeping changes. With less regulation, increased automation, larger wage gaps between the rich and the poor, poor education, possibly on the brink of a market collapse, and the need to retrain a large portion of the American workforce all being big items it seems like the correct response.

But I agree, this should have been flushed out long before. I'd imagine the richest man in the world could get the ear of Trump.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
how is this any different than twitler's tax the outsourcers plan? you right wing types love trump for that. taxing companies that replace americans with robots is out of bounds, but taxing companies that replace americans with foreigners is in line with AMERICA FIRST.