Billboard's Top 25 Producers

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad somebody else said it cause I didn't wanna be the first. Im 35 so I feel like its maybe cause he's before my time but whats like his major cuts to have him there and no DJ Paul or Alchemist? Prodigys "Return of the Mac" alone puts Alchemist in immediately

Really?

His credits include iconic songs from LL Cool J, Run DMC, Public Enemy, Kanye West, and Jay Z. What his contribution to the creation of those songs were may be in question, but the work that he actually is credited with warrants his placement and its legends that vouch for his work so there's that.

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really?

His credits include iconic songs from LL Cool J, Run DMC, Public Enemy, Kanye West, and Jay Z. What his contribution to the creation of those songs were may be in question, but the work that he actually is credited with warrants his placement and its legends that vouch for his work so there's that.

Fair enough. I feel like he probably put in alot of work before my time. I wasn't the biggest 99 problems fan :yeshrug:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Glad somebody else said it cause I didn't wanna be the first. Im 35 so I feel like its maybe cause he's before my time but whats like his major cuts to have him there and no DJ Paul or Alchemist? Prodigys "Return of the Mac" alone puts Alchemist in immediately
He did the first LL album, the first Beastie Boys album and Raising Hell. He did Going Back To Cali and Christmas in Hollis as well.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Really?

What did he produce for PE?

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I understand why al isnt there. Sure hes been getting a lotta praise for his full albums hes done with all these guys… but none of those albums are classics. They ALL come and go.

His best full albums are with P. Everything else is mid with 1-4 good singles. Hes way better at doing a big single for an album than produce the whole thing.

And sure he had a lot of singles and many classics, but so did everyone else on the list.

Now MUGGS not being there is a sin. He brought 2 groups out the dirt, made them superstars, hit at the exact right time for his sound to work, and produced great albums for others at a higher level than al. Oh and he put al on.

40 changed the way music sounded to be fair. Everyone went low filter/low sample rate from 2008 on basically with the "R&B Drake" vibe.

Id give credit to that sound more to ughh lofi/dilla/nunjabes by way of the rza/qtip,etc more than 40 but he def solidified it in the mainstream.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even editing their list would be problematic as there would still be issues, but....

Havoc- would be included in the Top 15 at least

Swizz- moved to 20-25.

Organized Noize- moved to Top 15

Larry Smith- Top 10. He would be in Swizz's spot at #8.

The Neptunes- 7-10 with Timbaland. They definitely helped reshape Snoop's sound and of course "Grindin" was a game changer and they produced a few timeless records for Jay Z, Nelly, and a host of others. Timbaland keeps his spot at 9. Definitely a game changer and probably one of the more influential producers this side of Dre considering the drum patterns, and the whole Bhangra/Bollywood style. He still has producers citing him as an influence and sampling his work.

DJ Paul & Juicy J- would take 40's spot

No I.D.- I would still have him somewhere on the list, but ALC would be in his slot.

Not mad at Metro being on the list, but feel like Mike Will should be there too.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
People crying about JD when his rap discography is weaker than the Neptunes lol.

It’s one of the things that was brought up frequently in the puffy Versuz, he’s a GOAT level RnB producer but his rap shyt is relatively weak

JD Produced

Kris’s Kross album-multi platinum,
Da Brat album-multi platinum
Lil Bow album-multi platinum.
Money ain’t a Thang- Mulit platinum
Welcome to Atlanta-Multi platinum

And that’s just off the top of my head.

That alone should earn him a spot somewhere on that list.

You are lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
JD Produced

Kris’s Kross album-multi platinum,
Da Brat album-multi platinum
Lil Bow album-multi platinum.
Money ain’t a Thang- Mulit platinum
Welcome to Atlanta-Multi platinum

And that’s just off the top of my head.

That alone should earn him a spot somewhere on that list.

You are lying to yourself if you think otherwise.
My man said lil bow wow album :mjlol:

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Even editing their list would be problematic as there would still be issues, but....

Havoc- would be included in the Top 15 at least

Swizz- moved to 20-25.

Organized Noize- moved to Top 15

Larry Smith- Top 10. He would be in Swizz's spot at #8.

The Neptunes- 7-10 with Timbaland. They definitely helped reshape Snoop's sound and of course "Grindin" was a game changer and they produced a few timeless records for Jay Z, Nelly, and a host of others. Timbaland keeps his spot at 9. Definitely a game changer and probably one of the more influential producers this side of Dre considering the drum patterns, and the whole Bhangra/Bollywood style. He still has producers citing him as an influence and sampling his work.

DJ Paul & Juicy J- would take 40's spot

No I.D.- I would still have him somewhere on the list, but ALC would be in his slot.

Not mad at Metro being on the list, but feel like Mike Will should be there too.

Mike Will had a short run. If you put him on there Southside would have to be included too.

Might get negged but I feel like Zaytoven should be on here too.