Birdman Exp0sed?He Masterminded 'King Of R&B' Jacquees Controversy? Breakdown#viewsofthegame

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
re-read my post. youre just looking up sales. and youre doing it with no perspective, on top of that. pretty much all the CMR albums automatically sold the same as the others released in its respective year, except juvenile who sold more.

I said the 1st two wayne solos were disappointments and they came up way short of the goals they were striving for. and they pushed the living hell out of that 2nd album to get it to crack platinum. turk album barely got promoted and he was out-selling wayne until he left & they pulled the plug on it. and his chit dropped after the run was over, so he didn't get that hot boy sales-bump. and he was still out-pacing wayne. lol. lets not talk sales.

3rd album was a flop all-around as the general fan had written him off already.
the mixtapes he had out at the time, weren't taken seriously by people who were of age musically. and it didn't help that UTP was making a complete mockery out of him on their tapes.

you telling me that a resume like this has a more substantial claim than Jacques??

as for the ghostwriting, I could tell that gillie wrote most of it by the 3rd listen. long before gillie said anything.
you prolly didn't know who gillie was, so of course what im saying is gonna translate as hating to you.

You could tell by the third listen huh?

Were you straight writing verses for Wayne, or was it more of a coaching thing?

No, Wayne had good breath control, so it was really more of a study thing.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2006/07/gillie-da-kid-behind-the-music/

Straight from the horses mouth, stop making up shyt

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
You could tell by the third listen huh?

Were you straight writing verses for Wayne, or was it more of a coaching thing?

No, Wayne had good breath control, so it was really more of a study thing.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2006/07/gillie-da-kid-behind-the-music/

Straight from the horses mouth, stop making up shyt

BE SMART SON.

of course hes gonna backtrack. putting wayne on blast scared away potential customers.

members of figgas are known ghostwriters, aside from the lil wayne chit.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
This is not good promo. Y'all need to stop that excuse.

Jacquees dropped a new album and it's not that good.

Would've been best to have a fire miztape waiting in the wings before saying this comment.
Ultimately all it does now is ensure that if his next single isn't flames, he's viewed as a troll and not a serious artist

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas

you obviously don't have a hustler's bone in your body.

you could still smarten up as a listener, and notice how his bars magically improved on that album, and then immediately dipped afterwards, even if you never heard of gillie.

if not one of these obvious signs jumps out at ya, then rap just isn't the genre for you bro.

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you obviously don't have a hustler's bone in your body.

you could still smarten up as a listener, and notice how his bars magically improved on that album, and then immediately dipped afterwards, even if you never heard of gillie.

if not one of these obvious signs jumps out at ya, then rap just isn't the genre for you bro.

He had no problems saying he wrote for a baby right?

C2>C1

You’re a fukkin clown STFU

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
re-read my post. youre just looking up sales. and youre doing it with no perspective, on top of that. pretty much all the CMR albums automatically sold the same as the others released in its respective year, except juvenile who sold more.

I said the 1st two wayne solos were disappointments and they came up way short of the goals they were striving for. and they pushed the living hell out of that 2nd album to get it to crack platinum. turk album barely got promoted and he was out-selling wayne until he left & they pulled the plug on it. and his chit dropped after the run was over, so he didn't get that hot boy sales-bump. and he was still out-pacing wayne. lol. lets not talk sales.

3rd album was a flop all-around as the general fan had written him off already.
the mixtapes he had out at the time, weren't taken seriously by people who were of age musically. and it didn't help that UTP was making a complete mockery out of him on their tapes.

you telling me that a resume like this has a more substantial claim than Jacques??

as for the ghostwriting, I could tell that gillie wrote most of it by the 3rd listen. long before gillie said anything.
you prolly didn't know who gillie was, so of course what im saying is gonna translate as hating to you.

Well, you actually don't specify that you're referring to his first two albums, "not to mention, all his albums before that were disappointments and/or failues." So if "Tha black is hot" and "Light's out" are failures, on what grounds are we evaluating them? They're not classics but you definitely heard them in the neighborhood, just like other CMR releases. That's to your point, but I don't understand how it could be viewed as grossly disappointing. 500 degreez was when people didn't really fukk with Wayne. That's not because he lost fans prior, but that the album sucked and he had all this charisma and shyt talking, claiming it's hotter than 400 and it was just ass musically.

(tmk)He first started to do the best rapper alive thing around the C1/Squad era and it was still some wild shyt but his music really had people thinking he was that nikka. Difference is in the south nikkas rarely talked about being the "best" rapper.

So yes Carter I Lil Wayne calling himself the best rapper alive had a ton more merit than Jacquees King of R&B thing. Even if you didn't agree necessarily. Jacques did SUBR homecoming a few years back, maybe 15. People knew who he was and performance was ok but Lil Wayne in 2001 would have shut the whole shyt down. They're on two different playing fields.

And you're right I didn't know who Gillie was. If I recall correctly GDK said he helped Wayne in the booth, gave him a style to run with and then it evolved into full blown ghostwriting claims.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas

C2>C1

keep that same energy in traffic. wayne aint gonna save you, f*ckboy.

get back on topic cuz you not cut like that.
C2 was meh.
"im the fireman fiyah fa fa fa fiyah man".:laugh: sorry buddy. some of us were grown already. plus the bars took an obvious nosedive.

Well, you actually don't specify that you're referring to his first two albums, "not to mention, all his albums before that were disappointments and/or failues." So if "Tha black is hot" and "Light's out" are failures, on what grounds are we evaluating them? They're not classics but you definitely heard them in the neighborhood, just like other CMR releases. That's to your point, but I don't understand how it could be viewed as grossly disappointing. 500 degreez was when people didn't really fukk with Wayne. That's not because he lost fans prior, but that the album sucked and he had all this charisma and shyt talking, claiming it's hotter than 400 and it was just ass musically.

(tmk)He first started to do the best rapper alive thing around the C1/Squad era and it was still some wild shyt but his music really had people thinking he was that nikka. Difference is in the south nikkas rarely talked about being the "best" rapper.

So yes Carter I Lil Wayne calling himself the best rapper alive had a ton more merit than Jacquees King of R&B thing. Even if you didn't agree necessarily. Jacques did SUBR homecoming a few years back, maybe 15. People knew who he was and performance was ok but Lil Wayne in 2001 would have shut the whole shyt down. They're on two different playing fields.

And you're right I didn't know who Gillie was. If I recall correctly GDK said he helped Wayne in the booth, gave him a style to run with and then it evolved into full blown ghostwriting claims.

yea, keywords - and/or

the 1st two albums were critical dissappointments. and while "lights out" eventually crept to platinum after a relentless push, they could've gotten more sales out of their other artists if they gave them just half as much of a push as they were giving wayne.

people were already done with him by the time 500 degreez dropped, not to mention, the hot boys were now a thing of the past, so he didn't have the luxury of piggy-backing off of the brand. then on top of that, he disrespected juvenile with the album title. nobody liked that chit. even people that hated cash money were vocal about it to the point where you would think they were hot boys fans. then UTP spanked wayne on juvi's 600 degreez mixtape, which was more popular than Wayne's chit.

then the next year wayne had to scrap the original carter 1 after they already started promoting it. video and all.

wayne was a running joke bro. a running joke. to the point where carter 1 was a slow burn that you couldn't even get people to listen to for a while, let alone purchase it.

but yea, like I said, if you knew gillie, you knew that album was ghostwritten, I even posted about it on SOHH in real-time.
but yea, respect to you for admitting that you didn't know who he was beforehand. luckily for wayne, your average rap fan didn't. at best, they may have remembered major figgas but nobody specifically.

Last edited:

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
this is revisionist.

jaquess portfolio is better than Wayne's was.

wayne stated saying it on carter 1 - an album that was blatantly ghostwritten. not to mention, all his albums before that were disappointments and/or failues. to the point where his original C1 album got scrapped and never came out.
Be back when i can neg again.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D

C2>C1

This nikka creating fairy tales to fit his pov.

He comes across as if he knows but he just wrong. Sounds ignorant.

"Whoever supposedly makin me hits but aint got no hits, sound like they need me"

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
:mjlol: :russ::lolbron: Doesn't look like this "King of R&B" self promotion tactic is working for Jacquees as his new album, 4275 is a certified FLOP.

Buzz :hula: Album/Record Sales :pachaha: