Bishop Lamont was suppose to be Kendrick Lamar...

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was like the original Tweet.

Always saying and promising something.

Now he's a milk cart status

:pachaha:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Bishop Lamont does have the same sorta rap content as K. Dot.

Although, K. Dot rap style, beat selection, in the hood, changing rap style, drawing on tupac, features, etc made it interesting...

Bishop was arrogant because he signed to Dr. Dre...before Aftermath dropped him, however, Dr Dre has only put 50 cent, Eminem, The Game, etc more recently (within the last 10 years)...even Rakim and Lamont got dropped.

All had potential though.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Bishop Lamont bullied people. He wasnt very nice to friends, friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
my detox wet dream: dre behind the boards and features from snoop, eminem, xzibit, game, nispey, k dot, jay rock, schoolboy q, devin the dude, bishop lamont, dj quik, mitchy slick, ice cube and no 50 cent :ahh:

shazam

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think laying vocals and putting out Grow Up was the last straw for Dre. Glad he did, but that was supposedly a beat for Marsha Ambrosious

From memory this was the reason, or at least the last straw for Dre.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Bishop was supposed to be Kendrick, then so were Hittman, Joell Ortiz, Slim the mobster, and Stat Quo. The difference is Kendrick already had his own lane to put his music out, Bishop and the others were waiting for Dre to do it for them.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I remember when he was clowning Game heavily. It was hilarity, but it also seemed like he would never really amount to much if he acted that way. And he didnt.

I always liked Bishop though. I really liked his tape The Confessional, and Im sure Aftermath coulda cleaned it up a bit and had it go Gold without too much trouble.

I dont know if people realize that Bishop was among the first to drop "mixtape albums" with all original material, that were released for free, with a DJ on them, but had the production and sound quality of an album...He lacked the crossover appeal and cultural relevance of Kendrick Lamar, but he always seemed like a slightly less lyrical, but more charismatic Obie Trice. Which would have worked for a bit back in 07-08

Sadly, mainstream Hip-Hop is almost exclusively metrosexual in terms of its image. I cant see him having any major-label success in this day and age

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
I was looking at the 2012 BET Awards and said the same thing when I saw the West Coast cypher. Bishop Lamont was supposed to be there too. I think his problem was that he was too monotone and he didn't have the sense of presence that he needed, to take him to the next level. A perfect example of this is that song he has with Xzibit, Hallelujah. Compare Bishop Lamont's energy to X to Z's and he can't match up. He is nice but he is just missing that "umpth" factor. That's why he isn't there. And it's not a promise that Kendrick Lamar is gonna stay there either. You gotta be built for that.

Bishop Lamont - Hallelujah ft Xzibit [Produced By Dr Dre] - YouTube

that song might be the first time i ever heard of this dude

This is it.

This is why Bishop, Mr. Malik, King T, RBX, Hittman, Knoc'Turn-Al, and Stat Quo's chit is in the vault.

where the hell is mr malik and hittman?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
If Bishop was supposed to be Kendrick, then so were Hittman, Joell Ortiz, Slim the mobster, and Stat Quo. The difference is Kendrick already had his own lane to put his music out, Bishop and the others were waiting for Dre to do it for them.
Can't be made at them. They just wanted to drop something and blow up. Runnin' with Dr. Dre is a life and death proposition. It will definitely boost your profile and buzz but good luck trying to get a single or album to drop. Dre is too much of a perfectionist and skitzo with his shyt. That's why he won't release shyt. Probably wouldn't have had The Chronic 1 & 2 if it wasn't for Suge breathin' down his neck to finish records.