Black Americans are reversing the Great Migration, heading South in search of safe spaces.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
These migrations don't address the issues that made these individuals flee their homes to begin with.
The mention of Philly being built up by early migrators only to turn into an area the cheesesteak dude had to flee from illustrates that
You already see it with Atlanta, migrators flooding in and now complaining about alot of the same issues they were fleeing from (crime, lack of opportunity, housing being too expensive etc)

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
This is a 30 year old story.

LA & Babyface bring LaFace to Atlanta in 1992.

Puffy opens an Atlanta version of Justin's Restaurant in 1998.

Family and classmates been moving down to Virginia, the Carolinas, Georgia and Florida since the first Clinton Administration.

Yeah I was born and bred in ATL 80s-00s and I think it peaked 1995-2005. Too crowded and the dynamism is waning under all the strains to an extent though it is a good and relatively cheaper place to start a business than up North. I would think places like Charlotte are more like ATL in its glory days but I haven't been to Charlotte so won't comment on that.