Black citizens in Hartford, CT form their own patrol due to worries about violence.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
A new controversial armed citizen patrol has launched in Hartford.

Organizers say the people will be legally carrying as they walk around parts of the city where violence has taken a toll.

Though some – including the city’s mayor – are raising concerns about the effort.

In Hartford’s North End on Saturday, a group of people looked to patrol and clean up Garden Street.

“It was important to come out here because we believe that we have to keep the community safe, keep the community clean. And we're doing this by being out here for a few hours, clean up the community, pick up the trash,” said Marcus Long, of Hartford.

Garden Street has seen its share of gun violence including a double homicide in February, which is what prompted the push for civilian armed patrols.

“We are legally armed and we are patrolling,” said Cornell Lewis, the founder of the Self-Defense Brigade. “The people on Garden Street came to us and asked us for help.”

While there did not appear to be open carry – which is banned in Connecticut - organizers previously told us those armed would be licensed and have concealed weapons.

They were part of Minister Cornell Lewis’ Self-Defense Brigade.

“We are not vigilantes. We are a group of people that are disciplined and trained. We go to the shooting range,” said Lewis.

The effort faces opposition including from an anti-violence group and the Hartford mayor.

Mayor Arunan Arulampalam wrote in part:

"Our community has seen so much pain and trauma, and what we need is for those who love this city to do the hard work of healing that pain.”

The mayor added that the city did not need people being trained to walk the streets with guns and trying to take the law into their own hands.

Earlier, there was a talk about gun rights including how to get a permit, safe storage and carry and personal use.

The founder of the brigade says they plan to do the patrols a few times a week.

“We'll be patrolling at night. So it's not just a one-time thing. It's going to be on a consistent basis,” said Lewis.

Organizers argue the patrols are needed and they have plans to expand them to other parts of the city.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Mutual aiding each other in defense is a good start. This is how the Iga and Koga of Japan started out, mutual self defense from bandits during a huge breakdown of society and that experience from keeping order lead to mercenary tradition. Mind you these people were the untouchables of society and managed to basically be their own conglomerate because of it.

Could very much also lead to militarized gangs in the future like in Latin America tho :francis:

Gonna have to wait and see

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Mutual aiding each other in defense is a good start. This is how the Iga and Koga of Japan started out, mutual self defense from bandits during a huge breakdown of society and that experience from keeping order lead to mercenary tradition. Mind you these people were the untouchables of society and managed to basically be their own conglomerate because of it.

Could very much also lead to militarized gangs in the future like in Latin America tho :francis:

Gonna have to wait and see

jewish people been doing this in BK forever.

good for Hartford.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
dwayne-wade-i-love-it.gif

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The parents of bad ass kids need to be the first ones that get the beat down from citizen patrols.

Yeah I said it. :mjpls:

Those bum ass parents had those bad little b*stards and then turned them loose on the rest of society. Those parents need to start paying for that.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
The parents of bad ass kids need to be the first ones that get the beat down from citizen patrols.

Yeah I said it. :mjpls:

Those bum ass parents had those bad little b*stards and then turned them loose on the rest of society. Those parents need to start paying for that.

Hartford is nothing but yardies tho ; cmon son :francis:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
So it's the jamaicans' fault? Damn.

No; I'm saying immigrant parents have no idea what their 1st generation kids are going thru and how they're living. there usually is a huge disconnect and lack of awareness.

I think its wild ignorant to blindly "blame the parents" if kids are wiling out.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
No; I'm saying immigrant parents have no idea what their 1st generation kids are going thru and how they're living. there usually is a huge disconnect and lack of awareness.

I think its wild ignorant to blindly "blame the parents" if kids are wiling out.

People who wanna pin everything on parents are usually idiots who over think criminality.

Doesn't take a genius to pick up a gun and point a pistol in someone's face or to knock somebody over they head or some other shyt

I can think of two people in my day that you would never guess would end up serving a life sentence or one would be living in a tent under a freeway.

Both of them had parents that were parents- harder than my folks. Nothing lower than a B, embarrassing em in front of their peers etc. the disciplinarian, two parent home etc.

What I'm saying is, you "can't" look at your child as an extension of you, and ignore the fact they are in fact they own person

Don't mean breaking your foot off in they ass isn't necessary or DOESN'T work, just something mfers gotta chew on.