Black Guitarists besides Jimi Hendrix!

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Norman Brown

I actually saw this dude live at a jazz festival. He did a cover of Hendrix's Machine Gun that was fukking insane. Folks, mostly older black folks, were on their feet. I only mention it being black folks because typically, there is a perception that Hendrix's music wasn't something black folks were that into though I think we have become more open minded in recent times. But they ate that shyt up because he did it as good as Jimi.

I was going to make a post on George Benson, but saw him and Norman Brown have a video together so even better. But George Benson is known to most people for his pop hits but he is also an amazing Jazz guitarist.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps

Blackbird McKnight pre Funkadelic. Paul Jackson on bass. Honourable mention to Mike Clark on drums(God made me funky).

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
For someone current, Mansur Brown is pretty dope.

First was introduced to him through Yussef Dayes who is a Jazz drummer who is also very dope and their video together. :wow:
@ the sound he makes at 7:55

Almost all I listened to during the pandemic was Yus, Mansur and Alfa Mist.The vibes fit the overall mental state during those times .