Black Guitarists besides Jimi Hendrix!

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Phil Lynott

Phil was too smooth with that bass line on this track. If only he never fell to Heroin in the same way he talked about the allure of Opium in this banger.

While we expanding towards Black Bassists, here are two crucial ones.

Apart from being black and into rock music, he was one of the first inspirations I had for learning Bass along with guitar, since I'm primarily a pick player and was always too overwhelmed/intimidated by fingerstyle at the time, so I gravitated towards distortion/reverb heavy bass tones like his and Lemmy's.

MonoNeon, A.K.A. Inverted Thunderkat. Not as well known, but just as funky/rhythmic/colourful. If you into Thunder, definitely give his shyt a go.

Notable Mentions.

I ain't here to give no reggae lessons/history, but if you know about Sly and Robbie, here's the guy who taught Robbie Bass which in turn led him to hook up with Sly and become the legendary backbeat they were to a plethora of Golden Age Reggae music while Family Man Barret played on a healthy chunk of Nesta's shyt as well.​

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Yeah I know that's where I heard of him :skip:

I'm wondering what his background is with a name like Rabea​

Last name is Mossad.
Never really delved too much into his personal history/life since he don't really give it like that, focusing on the music or in his case, tone/gear shyt and what's not, but he said he's half black and is one of the few baritone metal players I'm interested in this side of Stephen Carpenter from Deftones.​

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State

2 levels of black excellence on display. Phil is a Hall of Fame level talent but i'd research the conductor/producer of this project as well: Charles Stepney

Charles was a close collaborator with many talented artists: Minnie Riperton/Muddy Waters/Terry Callier and Maurice White of Earth Wind & Fire who was a very close friend . he was as fine of a jazz producer as i've come across