Black Lives Matter activist in viral photo overwhelmingly wins Charlotte City Council seat

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
braxton1-2-800x430.jpg

:takedat::shaq:
By: David Edwards, rawstory.com

A Black Lives Matter activist whose protest photo went viral last year won a seat on the Charlotte City Council on Tuesday.

According to WBTV, Democratic candidate Braxton Winston received the second-highest number of votes in Charlotte’s Tuesday elections for at-large seats on the council.

We’re excited. We feel like we ran the campaign that we set out to do,” Winston said after the win. “We were very intentional about it from day one. We wanted to go to every part of Charlotte with a clear and consistent message of a more accessible, equitable and interconnected city.”

“It’s all good to bring ‘new,’ but we have to create a continuum between the past, the present and to the future to know has worked and what hasn’t and build on it,” he added.

Winston first gained prominence last year after a photo of him standing in front of a line of police went viral.

“Media outlets across the country chose this photograph by the Charlotte Observer’s Jeff Siner for their reports on the Charlotte protests,” The Charlotte Observer reported at the time. “Winston’s stance of defiance illustrated the police-civilian tension that emerged from the Sept. 20 shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, 43, by CMPD Officer Brentley Vinson. The image, taken from behind, doesn’t show Winston’s face; one cannot identify him beyond an athletic upper body and long, dark dreadlocks. Perhaps that is why it became a defining image in the coverage.”

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
"The image, taken from behind, doesn’t show Winston’s face; one cannot identify him beyond an athletic upper body and long, dark dreadlocks. Perhaps that is why it became a defining image in the coverage.”

1xWo0.gif

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Racism / Race Baiting
I just can't with this shyt :mjlol:

PLEASE somebody link some shyt to his campaign...his talking points...his political views...ANYTHING...

Please tell me this nikka aint take off his shirt put up his fist and BLM his way into politics off a viral photo :mjlol:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:gucci:

The fukk you trying to say.

That I don't want ANY person getting some sort of political position at the city level because they took their shirt off and raised their fist at a protest against police.

Which is why I said please link me to something about his politics or his message or something outside of his getting elected cause his photo went viral.

Cause that would be an example of what the biggest problem is with American politics today...

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
That I don't want ANY person getting some sort of political position at the city level because they took their shirt off and raised their fist at a protest against police.

You really think the only reason he won his position is because he took his shirt off and raised his fist?

Which is why I said please link me to something about his politics or his message or something outside of his getting elected cause his photo went viral.
:stopitslime:

Why don't you google his politics and message yourself instead of making fun of a black man who decided to do more than just protesting and decided to go into politics to change the system from within.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

You really think the only reason he won his position is because he took his shirt off and raised his fist?

:stopitslime:

Why don't you google his politics and message yourself instead of making fun of a black man who decided to do more than just protesting and decided to go into politics to change the system from within.

nikka who the fukk is our president and how the fukk did he become president :gucci:

nikka there is a old white guy in alabama who probably fukked a 14 year old and his party so far doesn't seem to give a fukking shyt about it at all

So...yeah...do i think a guy can win his position because he took his shirt off and raised his fist? Absofukkinglutely...because I am watching another man stay in a race after a story dropped about him being a fukking pedophile and so far the responses have been shyt like "well back then a minor was 12 not 14 so :francis:"

Also, I aint the biggest BLM fan...but thats another thread for another time and I don't want to derail this one.

And he hasn't done anything yet but win a seat. It remains to be seen what he does with his seat. And I'm going to save whatever praise I give or don't give, until I see what he does with his seat. I'm not an A for effort type of person.

We as black people got to STOP getting it to the 1 yard line and celebrating like we scored a touchdown.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
nikka who the fukk is our president and how the fukk did he become president :gucci:

nikka there is a old white guy in alabama who probably fukked a 14 year old and his party so far doesn't seem to give a fukking shyt about it at all

So...yeah...do i think a guy can win his position because he took his shirt off and raised his fist? Absofukkinglutely...because I am watching another man stay in a race after a story dropped about him being a fukking pedophile and so far the responses have been shyt like "well back then a minor was 12 not 14 so :francis:"

:dahell:

You are not making sense now, what does that Moore guy in Alabama being accused of sleeping with minors or Trump have to do with this black man wining a seat in the Charlotte counsel?

You are still fukking lying about this black man, no he didn't only win because he took of his shirt and raised his fist, and you would know this if you bothered reading the OP.

We’re excited. We feel like we ran the campaign that we set out to do,” Winston said after the win. “We were very intentional about it from day one. We wanted to go to every part of Charlotte with a clear and consistent message of a more accessible, equitable and interconnected city.

@Call Me James posted a link to his website where you can see his politics and positions and where he stands on issues, but you decided to ignore all of that and have this knee-jerk reaction because this guy is connected to 'BLM' and you aren't their biggest fan

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:dahell:

You are not making sense now, what does that Moore guy in Alabama being accused of sleeping with minors or Trump have to do with this black man wining a seat in the Charlotte counsel?

You are still fukking lying about this black man, no he didn't only win because he took of his shirt and raised his fist, and you would know this if you bothered reading the OP.

@Call Me James posted a link to his website where you can see his politics and positions and where he stands on issues, but you decided to ignore all of that and have this knee-jerk reaction because this guy is connected to 'BLM' and you aren't their biggest fan

How did I ignore a post that it says that I dapped:dahellwhat:

I literally asked someone to post more info about him, some one literally did, and i literally dapped the post, then literally clicked the link, and literally read each article with its little spill. :dahellwhat:

I don't think your smart enough to continue this conversation so I'm going to let you be on your way :fukkouttaherenikka:

And I got a "race baiting" warning in this thread :mjlol:...what :mjlol:

Did I take it to far talking about how white republicans are still down to vote for a pedo :mjlol:...Rubbed Trump set the wrong way :mjpls:

Did I take it to far cause I didn't :blessed: some random BLM dude who when I go to his page he tells me all the good he wants to do but hey while you are hear click on shop and buy a t shirt with my name on it for 25 dollars. Does that rub the coli militants the wrong way :mjpls:

Family Man

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
How did I ignore a post that it says that I dapped:dahellwhat:

I literally asked someone to post more info about him, some one literally did, and i literally dapped the post, then literally clicked the link, and literally read each article with its little spill. :dahellwhat:

I don't think your smart enough to continue this conversation so I'm going to let you be on your way :fukkouttaherenikka:

And I got a "race baiting" warning in this thread :mjlol:...what :mjlol:

Did I take it to far talking about how white republicans are still down to vote for a pedo :mjlol:...Rubbed Trump set the wrong way :mjpls:

Did I take it to far cause I didn't :blessed: some random BLM dude who when I go to his page he tells me all the good he wants to do but hey while you are hear click on shop and buy a t shirt with my name on it for 25 dollars. Does that rub the coli militants the wrong way :mjpls:
If you cared enough then your lazy ass can go Google that shyt yourself. Don't nobody here work for your bytch ass. fukk outta here.