Black woman: Immigrants taken resources & housing from poor Black Americans...promptly shut down!!

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Man, I'm currently looking for a new job and almost every job that I qualify for requires or "prefers" that you speak Spanish.

I really need to learn some new skills but I can't go too long without a job. Luckily I have some interviews coming up.
Yeah. That 'prefers' Spanish',my ass!! It's fine to learn to build skills in personal time,but to make that a condition is dumb asf. I wouldn't let that discourage me and apply anyways bc you never know what kind of skills the employers will place premium on other than being bilingual.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
Yeah. That 'prefers' Spanish',my ass!! It's fine to learn to build skills in personal time,but to make that a condition is dumb asf. I wouldn't let that discourage me and apply anyways bc you never know what kind of skills the employers will place premium on other than being bilingual.

I just go ahead and put it in my resume anyway despite only knowing basic college level Spanish.

How you think I got them interviews in the first place? :mjpls:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
I just go ahead and put it in my resume anyway despite only knowing basic college level Spanish.

How you think I got them interviews in the first place? :mjpls:
I was about to say...college-level?! You're already in like the 15%!:russ: Shieeiit
Hate to say it...because it low-key is unfair,but simply having Spanish speaking on your resume can equal,even outweigh having college education!:wow:

So does she think that should would be getting more resources if a bunch of Hispanic immigrants wasn't here? Or would she still feel the reality that regardless of who or who isn't here, she's still black and is going to get fukked regardless?
:francis:
Same time, can we attribute that much to having an apathetic, captain save 'em attitude for others instead of using that effort to fighting for our own?:jbhmm:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I was about to say...college-level?! You're already in like the 15%!:russ: Shieeiit
Hate to say it...because it low-key is unfair,but simply having Spanish speaking on your resume can equal,even outweigh having college education!:wow:

Same time, can we attribute that much to having an apathetic, captain save 'em attitude for others instead of using that effort to fighting for our own?:jbhmm:

True, but we've also been fukked when we've put in the effort to fight for our own. We're going to have an uphill battle regardless.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:hhh:

No cliffs needed on commentary provided

giphy.gif

Not long after i first signed up here, I told somebody in HL that our kids are gonna have to be bilingual in order to work, and they thought I was crazy

they told that woman to shut the hell up because right now, the LGBT and Illegal immigration issues are top priority - we just didn't get the memo.

these white liberals have reduced our issues to hashtags and twitter quips for retweets..they ain't thinking about us offline and this video is proof

Last edited:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

Bilingual English/Spanish speakers are a dime a dozen though.

Most mid to high paying jobs don't require Spanish as far as I know

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
True, but we've also been fukked when we've put in the effort to fight for our own. We're going to have an uphill battle regardless.
Made all the steeper w/ppl riding our back success while kicking us down, afterward.:usure:

giphy.gif

Not long after i first signed up here, I told somebody in HL that our kids are gonna have to be bilingual in order to work, and they thought I was crazy

they told that woman to shut the hell up because right now, the LGBT and Illegal immigration issues are top priority - we just didn't get the memo.

these white liberals have reduced our issues to hashtags and clever whips on twitter..they ain't thinking about us offline and this video is proof
:hhh: strait discustin!!
Admittedly, as someone who is a proponent of learning foreign language, especially in school to expand horizons and open up new, possible lanes - it still should be a choice, and not a requirement. Least not one where your very livelihood depends on it.
And as Black Americans all it constitutes is yet another hurdle toward accessing basic quality of life!

Last edited:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr

these white liberals have reduced our issues to hashtags and clever whips on twitter..they ain't thinking about us offline and this video is proof
Seems as each year passes, the disgust I have with White,neo-liberalism, grows!! Nowadays it seems like we're barely getting hashtags, and the whole political discourse is out-right being dominated by Immigration,and that Ocasio chick:scust:

Bilingual English/Spanish speakers are a dime a dozen though.

Most mid to high paying jobs don't require Spanish as far as I know
Seems logical with # of native speakers, but actually the number those who speak on a proficient, standardized-level is still marginal...hence the growing need. Also, depending upon what market, or service you're in, that ability will greatly enhance your application, as well as potential pay.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Negroes got moved to the back of the bus while the 'black struggle' is a convenient card for every other 'minority group' to pull out and play when they want to generate some benefits for themselves. Scream about racism this, racism that, wait until it's time to hand out benefits and watch only a tiny crumb drizzle down to blacks. Completely ignore that blacks being ignored is the reason a lot of blacks didn't go to the polls and instead blame it on blacks being influenced by Sergei Kalashnikov.