Black woman: Immigrants taken resources & housing from poor Black Americans...promptly shut down!!

Daps
Man, I'm currently looking for a new job and almost every job that I qualify for requires or "prefers" that you speak Spanish.

I really need to learn some new skills but I can't go too long without a job. Luckily I have some interviews coming up.

Thats how this world is moving.. if you aint speaking 2 languages going forward ... :Drinking:

Im just lucky I pretty much speak 3 (English, French, Lingala)

God bless my parents :Mayweather:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Negroes got moved to the back of the bus while the 'black struggle' is a convenient card for every other 'minority group' to pull out and play when they want to generate some benefits for themselves. Scream about racism this, racism that, wait until it's time to hand out benefits and watch only a tiny crumb drizzle down to blacks. Completely ignore that blacks being ignored is the reason a lot of blacks didn't go to the polls and instead blame it on blacks being influenced by Sergei Kalashnikov.
:mjlol:

same here...it was seen as a "alt-right wing trump talking point!"

I even pointed out that this situation is going outlive TRUMP and that we need to get on the right side of this

at this point we're literally begging them to have everything our ancestors and family members fought for just because some politicians are telling us to :snoop:
Sounds like satire were it not real. Smh

It's pretty much the state(California) outside of the bay and Sacramento.
Ground zero:huhldup:

It's clear as day

Here in AZ, this is def the case especially as some business and even entire parts of the metro PHX area that won't hire u unless ur bilingual.
Friend moved there some years back, around '09 when state was still republican stronghold, and staunchly pro-white. Things look to be changing pretty rapidly...

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
It sounds like that Sista has been listening to the Black Authority. :whoo:

Hopefully the community backs her up and keeps this issue in the forefront.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Unfortunately, we forced into 2 choices: either be bilingual or build your own communities.

Saying, "this ain't right, you (white people in power) need to fix this" is not gonna do anything anytime soon.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
be careful, this may be seen as a right wing talking point to some of the "intellects" lurking around here :comeon:
IDGAF if they do, a lot of black people are realizing this. Espescially us out West(LA, Bay, Phoenix, Vegas). We are witnessing/or have witnessed this firsthand

im seeing it here in my state, no mf who likely lives far off from where its happening is going to tell me different.

Daps
I'm gonna to assume that 2 out of those 3 languages are the official languages of your country.

Yeah in DRC French is the 'official' language but you have the other languages that have been there before those demons touched the continent... Lingala is one of them.. its mostly used by people from and around Kinshasa (the capital city) on the West/Northwestern side of the country, most of the Republic of Congo and a few people here and there in Angola but if you head to the east of the country its people out there speaking Swahili more

This is one of the cons of Globalisation I guess.. employers want people that are more diverse which is why its harder for you if you come from a background where English is the only language. I'm just lucky my parents are African so growing up they spoke to me in French before I'd even started speaking English... with Lingala thats an extra but with African languages you really gotta start young. You can still learn languages when you're older but the way they teach shyt like French and Spanish in schools is just.... idk how to explain it but it just aint right like theres no point of having them as modules in schools that you can do for like a semester or whatever because what you learn there isn't gonna help at all when you're in the workforce. Advice to anyone is if you're learning a new language keep at it everyday for like 5 years

Don't even get me started with writing in French :damn:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Its too fukking late
Too late for what?
Yeah in DRC French is the 'official' language but you have the other languages that have been there before those demons touched the continent... Lingala is one of them.. its mostly used by people from and around Kinshasa (the capital city) on the West/Northwestern side of the country, most of the Republic of Congo and a few people here and there in Angola but if you head to the east of the country its people out there speaking Swahili more

This is one of the cons of Globalisation I guess.. employers want people that are more diverse which is why its harder for you if you come from a background where English is the only language. I'm just lucky my parents are African so growing up they spoke to me in French before I'd even started speaking English... with Lingala thats an extra but with African languages you really gotta start young. You can still learn languages when you're older but the way they teach shyt like French and Spanish in schools is just.... idk how to explain it but it just aint right like theres no point of having them as modules in schools that you can do for like a semester or whatever because what you learn there isn't gonna help at all when you're in the workforce. Advice to anyone is if you're learning a new language keep at it everyday for like 5 years

I'm learning French right now, because of the 'global'(colonial) market in W,particularly Senegal. Though I'd probably take up Wolof instead...et, ecrire en Francais, n'pas tres dificil, je pense.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth

I took a Spanish course in community college but the way it was taught was rushed and hurried due to the timing.

It's better to learn by immersion (self taught).