Blackrock CEO thinks 65 is too early for retirement, needs to be moved later

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
For those who don't know, Blackrock is the largest asset management firm in the world with $10 trillion in assets (double the annual US government budget). He's literally upset that not enough Americans die before retiring anymore and says we need to move the retirement age into the 70s.

Fink, who is worth an estimated $1.2 billion, notes that many 65-year-olds in the early 1950s didn't get a chance to retire because many had already passed away. In other words, he writes, more than half of workers who had paid into Social Security never got a penny because they died before they could claim the benefit.

Imagine bringing up that argument as a reason to move the retirement age up. :mjlol:

Trump and the Republicans have been talking about cutting Social Security as well. I suspect their old-ass base thinks they'll be grandfathered in and it will only impact the people currently working.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
CALLED IT!!!!

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand why we can't find a balance. People despise work because it takes away 5 days of your week, it really doesn't give you any time to do anything. We practically live at work with 40 hours, I can't imagine 50+

Give people every other Friday off. Add more vacation days. Encourage vacations.