Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
We Tried to Re-Create JPMorgan’s Mutual Fund Returns and Gave Up
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...an-s-top-mutual-fund-returns-and-just-gave-up
Double check your ingredients; did y'all remember to cook the books, use insider trading and stock manipulation through propaganda and gov. influences, (up to and including various degrees of war and violence)? because personally, to this day, I often forget to cook the books, use insider trading and stock manipulation through propaganda and gov. influences, (up to and including various degrees of war and violence):troll:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
you talking AMC or AMCX here? either way i know you've been talking about them for awhile and they both have performed nicely.
amcx. I've been a fan of the company since summer of 2013. Price target was 84 then...wouldve manifested but it 2014 was a bad year with them finding trouble replacing Breaking Bad. Seems to be turning up nicely now though with Better Call Saul having great ratings. Hopefully it can continue....i dont have any ivnestment in it though.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
amcx. I've been a fan of the company since summer of 2013. Price target was 84 then...wouldve manifested but it 2014 was a bad year with them finding trouble replacing Breaking Bad. Seems to be turning up nicely now though with Better Call Saul having great ratings. Hopefully it can continue....i dont have any ivnestment in it though.

Yeah that's what I thought you meant. I'm surprised by the success of Better Call Saul. I thought it'd do well, but not this well.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I do know for a fact, that I like this DWTI at 100.5 I copped PM. Oil will be even further down from now to Q2, DWTI from 100-125 is the path breh. Then ofcourse trade oil on the fake bounces back up until now.

I don't like being long oil here either. Still a lot of supply and I don't exactly see strong economies. Recent fall in energy prices hasn't slowed shale drillers at all.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't like being long oil here either. Still a lot of supply and I don't exactly see strong economies. Recent fall in energy prices hasn't slowed shale drillers at all.
Well it was a given that production wouldn't start dropping off until the second half of the year. The inventory builds are enormous though. I don't see how its not putting more downward pressure on prices right now. WTI has been trading in the same range for quite some time now. A move to the downside shortterm is likely IMO.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I think I like Stan Druckenmiller's thesis. Long Japan, Europe. Trim US holdings. Maybe a little herd mentality here now that I'm looking at equity fund inflows but :yeshrug: Can't stop these central banks and US looks pricey.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
no one seems to be talking about China cutting growth forecasts today. guess the markets were down the last 2 days in a row it's time to buy the dip. we got the ECB with vague statements to help us out instead.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
The European Central Bank has just published details of how its QE program will work.

Here are the key facts:

• Purchases under the program will start on March 9.
  • Purchases will total €60 billion per month.
  • The ECB will purchase debt with negative yields, so long as those yields are not below the ECB deposit rate at time of purchase. The ECB deposit rate is currently -0.2%.
  • If a Euro-Area central bank cannot purchase sufficient marketable debt instruments to fulfill its allocation, the ECB will allow substitute purchases. This substitute purchases rule should enable the ECB to fill its €60 billion target each month.
  • The ECB will not buy more than 25% share of any one issue in order to avoid it having a blocking majority in case of any debt restructuring.
  • The ECB will only buy in the secondary market.
  • The ECB will purchase debt with remaining maturity between 2 and 30 years only.
  • The ECB provided a list of the international and supernational institutions and agencies it would purchase the debt of:
    • Council of Europe Development Bank
    • European Atomic Energy Community :dahell:
    • European Financial Stability Facility
    • European Stability Mechanism
    • European Investment Bank
    • European Union
    • Nordic Investment Bank
    • Caisse d'amortissement de la dette sociale (CADES)
    • Union Nationale Interprofessionnelle pour l'Emploi dans l'Industrie et le Commerce (UNEDIC)
    • Instituto de Credito Oficial
    • Kreditanstalt fuer Wiederaufbau
    • Landeskreditbank Baden-Württemberg Foerderbank
    • Landwirtschaftliche Rentenbank
    • NRW.Bank

"we can buy debt with a negative yield but buying Greek bonds yielding 9.6% is out of the question"