Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Something about the rush short term otion trading gives you @Brady Hoke's Artery. It must be how gamblers feel :scusthov: The slippery slope is the worst thing possible though. you chase your losses hoping that youll crack big on something to make up for it...only to be at break even. I remember when Zynga was around $3.50 my friend got in with some leaps (I wouldve but all my money was towards textbooks and school tuition). It went up like $5.64, my homie thought it was gonna at least stabilize or continue and it ended up going back down to the high $2s. :wow: He lost some good bread off that. Nobody is safe.

no point in it. Stacking my bread and heading back into the game with straight equities and ETFs.

Until I have enough to do responsible spread strategies, If I even hear the word options it:

glrxzrk-gif.2975

:skip:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Something about the rush short term otion trading gives you @Brady Hoke's Artery. It must be how gamblers feel :scusthov: The slippery slope is the worst thing possible though. you chase your losses hoping that youll crack big on something to make up for it...only to be at break even. I remember when Zynga was around $3.50 my friend got in with some leaps (I wouldve but all my money was towards textbooks and school tuition). It went up like $5.64, my homie thought it was gonna at least stabilize or continue and it ended up going back down to the high $2s. :wow: He lost some good bread off that. Nobody is safe.

no point in it. Stacking my bread and heading back into the game with straight equities and ETFs.

Until I have enough to do responsible spread strategies, If I even hear the word options it:

glrxzrk-gif.2975

:skip:
I constantly either learn that I need to stop being so patient and invest into a stock... or I'm telling myself I'm an idiot and that I should be more patient.
You live and learn. Better that you catch on at an early age / stage, where you can fix / alter you mistakes than later down the line..

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Bought stocks in Nike and Apple today for my IRA account but now need to decide a good small cap ETF stock to go along with it for diversity. I'm looking at Schwab International Small-Cap Equity ETF (SCHC) for small business growth and expose in the global markets. I'm also looking at Schwab Fundamental U.S. Small Company Index ETF (FNDA) just to keep it safe and invest in the US only for right now. :yeshrug:

Also, have anyone have or start using Robinhood to do trades? I don't have a lot of money to invest with right now but I do want to get started in buying/selling stocks outside of my IRA accounts. And for those who have done stock options in the past, if the option failed, do you still have to purchase the stock at the current price or you just lost your money all together without a stock or stocks to show for it. I know i'm asking a lot of questions but i'm trying to learn how to make this money :demonic:.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
. And for those who have done stock options in the past, if the option failed, do you still have to purchase the stock at the current price or you just lost your money all together without a stock or stocks to show for it. I know i'm asking a lot of questions but i'm trying to learn how to make this money :demonic:.

Buying an option gives you the right, not the obligation to buy the stock. You can trade out of the option at any time before the contract expires worthless and depending on the liquidity, time remaining to expiration, amount from the strike price and volatility, there's typically some value remaining on the option prior to expiration.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Everyone is talking about the large beat in jobs, but there's still no movement in wages and labor participation rate fell. Even still, now people are calling a June rate hike. Ridiculous. Headline jobs number seems manipulated.

:scust:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I just finished having a meeting with my financial adviser at my bank and I made changes to both my traditional and Roth IRA accounts. Change my mutual fund from a investor growth fund into a realty income fund (better rate of return). Also going to purchase $1000 worth of stocks from Under Armour, Nike and Apple. For my Roth account, i'm going to keep my investor growth fund but also added the mortgage backed securities fund to it. I have extensive experience with the mortgage industry so i'm comfortable adding it to my portfolio. I'm going to wait until my job and money situation is better before I really get into buying and selling stock to make a profit. I'm just going to keep practicing with the Coli funds and try to get better at making money.

Also, when I get my situation taken care of and get the hang of trading, i'm taking my money somewhere else. These guys are charging me damn near $25 per trade :damn::why::mjcry:. Pay the cost to learn the game but I hope it brings more money into my pockets in the long run.

Nike is about the only thing up.

edit: I lied. I meant this morning

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Can anybody recommend some stable stocks with good dividend yields?