Brehs, what does being the Head of the Household mean to you?

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Im head of household. My wife handles much of the home chores. I handle almost all of the household bills and the yardwork. We both work full time but i make about 3 times what she does.

Me wife consults with me on spending and other matters but for the most part I steer the ship and get her input on long term goals.

Head of household means you're the CEO of your house. You leadership determines the direction and the "culture" of how everyone conducts themselves.

It does not mean tyrant, what I say goes no matter what, or boss. It also isnt dependent on money. A man should still be able lead his household responsibly even if his wife makes more than he does.

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I wonder how many women really believe what OPs post said. How many women think "bread winner" means the man works 40 hrs/wk then splits chores 50/50. Just talking to a female today saying her brother has one of those stay-at-home moms who doesn't even hold down the fort.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I just figured that being Head of the Household isn't solely financial. You could be paying all the bills yet treat your wife like shyt.

I just believe that a marriage is a partnership. Especially in times like these, I dont think a single income is feasible.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I just figured that being Head of the Household isn't solely financial. You could be paying all the bills yet treat your wife like shyt.

I just believe that a marriage is a partnership. Especially in times like these, I dont think a single income is feasible.

It is more than financial.

Look at a guy like Doug Christie or Brent Grimes. Millionaire athletes but submissive.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
If you are head of the household, (especially with final say) then yes, you should be responsible for all the bills. However, there is nothing wrong with dismissing the head of household title and responsibility for a 50/50 arrangement. Considering the economics, a 50/50 arrangement is more realistic, though.
Nope
I wonder how many women really believe what OPs post said. How many women think "bread winner" means the man works 40 hrs/wk then splits chores 50/50. Just talking to a female today saying her brother has one of those stay-at-home moms who doesn't even hold down the fort.
This is pretty common :francis:

Daps
Being the coach/Quarterback of a team. Placing a goal for your family to reach and leading them there.

You gotta be security/bank/handyman/cook/lover/role model/comedian/psychiatrist all rolled into one.

Get a good woman who has the same goal as you and TRUSTS you and it’s easy.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
It means veto privileges. More like a right to annihilate all stupid, impulsive decisions.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The head of the house means you set the rules and make the final decision.

bx.lion

Banned
Daps
Never understood that pay all the bills bs. No leader of anything ever does all the work. That would be asinine. They simply delegate to make sure everything is running smoothly.