California Is First To Pay For A CONVICTED KILLER'S Sex-Reassignment Surgery

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
It's not the surgery part that makes me :snoop: It's the fact that TAXPAYERS are paying for this shyt :francis: Full story in the link below.

California Is First to Pay for Prisoner’s Sex-Reassignment Surgery

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSJAN. 7, 2017
Continue reading the main story

08SEX-REASSIGNMENT-01-master315.jpg

Shiloh Heavenly Quine in June 2015. Her case led California to set standards for allowing transgender inmates to apply for sex-reassignment surgery.CreditCalifornia Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, via Associated Press

SACRAMENTO — A 57-year-old convicted killer serving a life sentence in California is the first inmate in the United States to receive state-financed sex-reassignment surgery, the prisoner’s lawyers said.

California prison officials agreed in August 2015 to pay for the surgery for the inmate, Shiloh Heavenly Quine, who was convicted of first-degree murder, kidnapping and robbery for ransom and has no possibility of parole.

Ms. Quine’s case led the state to become the first to set standards that will allow other transgender inmates to apply to receive state-financed sex-reassignment surgery.

also prompted a federal magistrate to require California to provide transgender female inmates housed in men’s facilities with more female-oriented items like nightgowns, scarves and necklaces.

Ms. Quine’s lawyers said on Friday that the sex-reassignment surgery had been performed at a hospital in San Francisco and that their client would be moved to a women’s prison after being released from the hospital.

Ms. Quine told a prison psychologist who recommended her for the operation that it would bring a “drastic internal completeness.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/u...y-for-prisoners-sex-reassignment-surgery.html

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
What a waste of tax dollars. An insulting waste of tax dollars that could be used for any number of positive things to help those less fortunate.
EXACTLY. That's why I'm mainly pissed. I'm cool with the LGBT folk, but we need to focus on healthcare and etc first regarding prisoners. At the very least we could supply the LGBT inmates with hormone shots. However, this surgery is cosmetic :francis:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I swear I thought that was Bea Arthur's grandson, now granddaughter when I first saw the article :laff: :laff:

08SEX-REASSIGNMENT-01-master315.jpg

bea_arthur174859--300x300.jpg

No shade to Bea :sadcam: I used to be a huge Golden Girl's stan when I was a kid. Blanche was always my favorite doe :ahh: