Calisthenics is just as good as the weights

Daps
There might be some truth to this. I became one of the stronger nikkas on my football team back in high school just by doing 4 sets of 20-25 pushups every night. Nothing too crazy. This was between the winter ending of the previous season and going into the spring of my senior year. I ended up getting a starting spot out the gate off that alone. Btw I wasn't particularly big either like 6 ft 180

It is true breh,dudes just don't want to believe it,because everybody is so caught up on the weights

Daps
Gymnasts are stronger than weight lifters.. anybody can lift something heavy but it takes real strenghth to demostrate complete control of your body.

.not to mention all of that muscle weight lifters build up quickly turn to fat the second you stop.

Nah breh @Unstable dude @Professor Mac is correct, not 100% but he definently isn't off track like you think.

I thought that was bullshyt as well,but as I said being in the joint for 6 years really brought this workout shyt to a new light.

A guy I was locked up with did crazy weights he had to be only about 5'8 but a solid 215,he could bench 435,squat 400 he was a MONSTER, he came home quit working out and lost alot of that strength he had.

Now this other cat who did nothing but calisthenics and he was ox strong just off calisthenics NO WEIGHTS at all,had to go about 6'1 245,he came home quit working out and got fat and is about 315 now,BUT he still is way stronger than the other guy and he still can go in the weight room and move shyt around,he just benched 315 12 times and this was just the strength calisthenics let him keep bruh,no lie.

It's some truth to it.

Daps
One of my good friends is in the circus and he does bodyweight only. Probably one of the strongest people I know. Good for mental strength as well.

body weight exercises are better because you are always training several muscle groups at once and because you have to do more balancing, so your also training smaller muscles.

I never really compared it, but i felt that I build muscles and grew stronger quicker by doing body weight exercises than when i used to go to the gym and also that I didn't lose strength and muscles as quick when i didn't work our regularly.

Real shyt,people underestimate calisthenics so much,but its really the truth,all I can do is preach tho,can't make people do something they don't want

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Like I'll superset do 10x bench press drop to floor 50pushups then 10x cable butterflies and repeat while adding weight to bench but still expecting to make 50 push-ups

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

Anyways if you knew any better you'd know that everything the fitness industry puts out,regarding working out is complete bullshyt, overtraining was a huge no no,turned it it's one of the best things you can actually do,but nah you and plenty others are too scared to go outside the norm:russ:

Trust me my methods work:stopitslime:
You are taking a big fat L by taking @Orbital-Fetus serious :heh:.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I remember before I got in the gym I did tons upon tons of pushups and the firat time I benched I was doing more than my bw. I can still do like 80-100 straight and have an elite bench. I would like to think a lot of that is attributed to the pushups because even though I have impressive pecs if you saw me on the street you would never imagine a 125 lb dude can get up 225. I do a lot of pullupa too. BW exercises give you sneaky fukking strength. I lift for aesthetics but BW really is king for having that true true strength

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nah breh @Unstable dude @Professor Mac is correct, not 100% but he definently isn't off track like you think.

I thought that was bullshyt as well,but as I said being in the joint for 6 years really brought this workout shyt to a new light.

A guy I was locked up with did crazy weights he had to be only about 5'8 but a solid 215,he could bench 435,squat 400 he was a MONSTER, he came home quit working out and lost alot of that strength he had.

Now this other cat who did nothing but calisthenics and he was ox strong just off calisthenics NO WEIGHTS at all,had to go about 6'1 245,he came home quit working out and got fat and is about 315 now,BUT he still is way stronger than the other guy and he still can go in the weight room and move shyt around,he just benched 315 12 times and this was just the strength calisthenics let him keep bruh,no lie.

It's some truth to it.
It's true calisthenics allow you to keep strength I was working 2 full time jobs no time to workout weight shot up to 180 of gut but at one job I would do push-ups until I could do 100 straight.

When I hit the gym after 7 years of no working out I could push 225 on the bench around like I never could before just from keeping up on my pushup game.

I do weighted pullups and dips cause my current body weight of 165 is easy work