Cam'ron & Ma$e Argue DMX Was A Better Rapper Than 2Pac: '[He] Had More Than 'Pac

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
camron-mase-argue-dmx-was-a-better-rapper-than-2pac-1200x675.jpg

"Cam’ron and Ma$e both believe that DMX was a better rapper than 2Pac.

In a discussion on Gillie Da Kid and Wallo’s Million Dollaz Worth of Game podcast, the topic turned to who was a better rapper between X and ‘Pac.

Cam’ron, who collaborated and toured with the former, offered his opinion first, saying: “Me personally? I seen DMX. I didn’t really get to see 2Pac. I’m talking about on tour with DMX, in the studio with DMX. I actually got to see n-ggas lose their mind about DMX.

“I know n-ggas love 2Pac, but I didn’t get to see him on tour or do anything else. So for me, it’s DMX because I actually got to be a part of and see him from the tournament rapping to selling 10, 20 million or however many millions of records he sold.”

Ma$e, who also worked with DMX on songs such as “24 Hrs. to Live” and “Take What’s Yours,” echoed Cam’ron’s sentiments: “I would definitely have to say DMX because when you saw the energy he poured, that DMX gave n-ggas, you could just stop one lyric that he would be saying and the whole arena would say it.

“I think a lot of times, because you learn the flaws of a n-gga, you forget how great n-ggas really were. Like DMX was one of those special, special talents.”

He added: “When I first heard DMX in the studio, I was like, ‘This n-gga is just different.’ ‘Pac was phenomenal too, I can’t take nothing away from ‘Pac, but DMX had more than Pac. I’ma go on the record and say he had more than ‘Pac.”

Watch the discussion at the 26:10 mark below.

Fellow New Yorker Memphis Bleek recently appeared on Drink Champs and told a particularly wild DMX and Ma$e story from the ’90s.

Bleek detailed an incident that took place at iconic New York nightclub The Tunnel, which famously featured in the opening of X’s 1998 movie Belly.

“This is the first day I met X,” Bleek recalled. “Diddy and Bad Boy and them are all riding down on the beach. Here come Ma$e on a scooter. That n-gga X jumped out the car and started chasing Ma$e. ‘Yo! Get back here! Wait ’til I catch you, n-gga!’

“So I’m in the back seat, like, ‘Yo! What the fukk happened between him and Ma$e?’ And nobody in the n-gga crew was running behind him, trying to stop him. So I said, ‘Whoever this n-gga is, he’s official.’”

Cam'ron & Ma$e Argue DMX Was A Better Rapper Than 2Pac: '[He] Had More Than 'Pac'

Daps
Reppin
7th District
Pac is one of their own.
Yes but no

He was born there and spent several years there but he became a man in the bay

Like he said, that's where he got his game from. And he changed his flow to fit in more with spice 1, e 40, Ritchie rich, and them

Plus, new york don't even claim him. Especially after the beef with biggie and bad boy

They always make slick shots against him. Especially with the whole dmx vs pac discussion. Nore is another one who loves to do that :unimpressed:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
No he wasn't. nore did he have more than Pac, nor was he more creative or versatile like him.

when it comes to Pac and in comparsion to a NY artist(Big, x, jay, etc) east coast nikkas will say everything((they are now as you can see) and say anything they have over pac. I have no issues with someone favoring the home team, but nikkas just be spewing lies

lol a nikka gonna say "Top shelf Lyricism" Now because of this pac discussion. Now X is a top lyricist now? :mjlol: nikkas love to exaggerate a 90s NY rapper specifically in a Pac vs NY rapper ________ topic

Last edited:

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dmx was definitely a better rapper then pac
Listen to his first album.

Way more range, top shelf lyricism, stories, creativity. I mean he had indepth conversations with both God and the Devil on there lol.

Pac made more timeless music tho. Dmx burned out early cause of da drugs

I know you dudes love to downplay Pac but let’s not get crazy here.